Premed 101 Forums

Question related to CV margins and columns

Vya

19 hours ago, Romina said:

I know we're not supposed to change the CV margins in the word doc, but are we allowed to change the sizing of the different columns within each section? It gives me more space if I make some columns smaller than others..

Do not mess with the CV margins. What do you mean by sizing? Feel free to write long(ish) paragraphs in certain sections if you see fit. 

And yes, you can delete sections that serve you no purpose.

Best of luck!

On 10/6/2021 at 10:17 PM, Romina said:

I know we're not supposed to change the CV margins in the word doc, but are we allowed to change the sizing of the different columns within each section? It gives me more space if I make some columns smaller than others..

"Ne modifiez pas la taille de la police ni les marges du document". The part in bold means "Do not modify the margins". I would suggest you improve your french. 

15 minutes ago, Iris - Goo Goo Dolls said:

"Ne modifiez pas la taille de la police ni les marges du document". The part in bold means "Do not modify the margins". I would suggest you improve your french. 

In the English version this says don’t modify the page margins, like the blank spaces on the outermost left and right sides of the document, from my understanding, not specifically the margins within the table. Also, I’m not sure if you meant for your suggestion to sound a bit judgemental or mean, but just remember to be kind, this whole process is hard enough as is :) 

Definitely safer to just not touch any formatting whatsoever though. Good luck @Romina!

1 hour ago, Iris - Goo Goo Dolls said:

Yeah the english instructions simply say 'Do not alter font sizes or page margins', so this question is completely legitimate, given OP is asking about within table columns. No need to be a condescending pos 

• 2 years later...