Premed 101 Forums

UBC Verifiers contacted

Just wanted to start a support thread for those who have their verifiers contacted! Anyone have insight on what this means for this for this cycle? I do hope that it means more than "your file is being reviewed" :confused:  I can start!
How many have been contacted?: Many, most i'd say... :mellow:
When?: Mid Oct 2021
IP/OOP?: OOP
Undergrad/Grad: Undergrad complete
Early/Regular Deadline: Regular 
First time applicant/ Repeat applicant: Repeat
GPA/MCAT: mid 80s/515 

My verifiers were contacted in late September (not all but 3+ for sure), the thing I noticed was that the ones that were contacted were from my major activities, non of my hobbies or small things that I did on my application were contacted which they should if this is completely random. I don't know if they prioritize activities or what but I doubt that it is completely random because again virtually none of my hobbies were contacted.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:00 PM, FF20 said:

My verifiers were contacted in late September (not all but 3+ for sure), the thing I noticed was that the ones that were contacted were from my major activities, non of my hobbies or small things that I did on my application were contacted which they should if this is completely random. I don't know if they prioritize activities or what but I doubt that it is completely random because again virtually none of my hobbies were contacted.

I second this. None of my life experience or hobby entries have been contacted as of yet.