Premed 101 Forums

Cegep application advice

Brooklynz

I am applying this year to vanier, Dawson, cegep st Laurent, vieux montreal. Is it still Dawson the most difficult to get accepted into health science? Does anyone have advice on this? Somewhere with a less competitive vibe is where I would feel the most comfortable. I don’t know much about the French cegeps but I am bilingual. 
Even if you tell us how you got to where you are could be helpful. Totally new to this. Love science but not sure what field..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, just so you know you can only apply to one cegep from the SRAM on the first round. That includes almost all of the cegeps from mtl except for Dawson and some of the privates, so you'll have to pick one from the SRAM + Dawson/private. 

And as for the grades you need, around 65 is enough for most french schools (more for some enriched programs). And yes, Dawson is still the hardest to get in, I know someone who got refused for almost 85 average. For honors, its even higher, Id say min 94. And i think Vanier is pretty much between those so around 75/80 could be enough.

If you're still hesitating about where to apply, Id definitely advise that you go to open houses and such to see if the vibes suit you. Proximity is a really important factor, try not to go to a school more than 1h away.

For the field, there are 2 main profiles you can pick from : health and pure and applied. Some schools can combine the two but honestly the classes are almost all the same except for the last semester. 

Ps remember there is also programs like science lettres et art or Double DEC That could interest you, you can look it up.

Hope this helps !

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

As The heartrender said you can consider SLA or Double DECs if you are confused as to what you like. If you end up going to Double DEC make sure you like both the programs (I went to Double DEC mainly for science and regretted it almost instantly). As someone who goes to a private cegep, they do tend to be more competitive. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2021 at 7:40 PM, a1b1 said:

i did cegep at champlain college in stlambert, not very competitive and great relax vibe (at the time when i was there at least), would recommend it.

Hello,

I am from a francophone secondairy school. I would like to go to Champlain and I need to When I went there during open house, but I could not get informations I wanted to know . So please share informations.  I want to know if  profs are kind ? R score maximum from this cegep ?  many students form Champlain go to Med each year ?  Is it hard for francophone student  to get high score like 36-37 ?

Thanks in advance