Premed 101 Forums

Uploading New Version of CV

imz

Hi!

Is it bad to re-upload your CV? I am waiting on an answer from a verifier but I want to upload my documents now just to be safe. I might have to re-upload my CV closer to the deadline at 9pm, depending on what my verifier replies back to me. 
Should I wait before uploading my CV or can I just upload twice and they will only consider the latest version?

1 hour ago, pharma21 said:

Hello! I would like to know where to get these documents (CV, list of verifiers) I have applied yesterday and I have not received these documents. 

I’m not sure if it’s too late to submit documents since the deadline to submit everything was last night, but the documents for your CV and verifiers are at the following link:

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/requirements/elements/cvmd

1 hour ago, ceelbe said:

I’m not sure if it’s too late to submit documents since the deadline to submit everything was last night, but the documents for your CV and verifiers are at the following link:

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/requirements/elements/cvmd

For dentistry it is written that we have till November 3rd at midnight! And thank you for the documents!! :) 

57 minutes ago, pharma21 said:

In the workbook where they ask you to write down your post-secondary studies :/

I put 75/104 credits  - I think it's because I did 26 classes in cegep and I just multiplied by 3 credits = 78 credits
but now that I've read what @MaudeB linked, I think I'm wrong. I just never really double checked since I've been copy pasting my workbooks from year to year

2 minutes ago, MaudeB said:

A DEC seems to be between 28 and 32 credits according to this info: https://www.sram.qc.ca/diplome-etudes-collegiales/conditions-pour-obtention-dun-dec

You're totally right! I guess I've been applying to McGill entering the wrong number of credits for years now lol hahah hopefully it hasn't been a huge problem...? anyway

2 hours ago, imz said:

I put 75/104 credits  - I think it's because I did 26 classes in cegep and I just multiplied by 3 credits = 78 credits
but now that I've read what @MaudeB linked, I think I'm wrong. I just never really double checked since I've been copy pasting my workbooks from year to year

You're totally right! I guess I've been applying to McGill entering the wrong number of credits for years now lol hahah hopefully it hasn't been a huge problem...? anyway

It would have been so useful if that was included in the Workbook instructions... I put 75/104 too and so did most of the people that I know who are applying, anyway i hope it won't be a huge issue as well :unsure:

2 hours ago, pharma21 said:

I need to send a copy of my birth certificate for the proof of quebec residency. Do I have to send it to the same email as for the workbook or there is another email for that?

When I did this for the med application I just uploaded it to Minerva through the checklist, but I’m not sure if this is different for dent

On 11/3/2021 at 1:32 AM, verycaffeinated said:

It would have been so useful if that was included in the Workbook instructions... I put 75/104 too and so did most of the people that I know who are applying, anyway i hope it won't be a huge issue as well :unsure:

glad to know I'm not the only one who put 75/104 ! yeah they definitely should have mentioned it for sure :) don't worry though, I know it's not an issue because they've never said anything about it, so we're good

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2022 at 11:44 AM, Telomerase31 said:

Surtout qu’on va avoir les réponses dans moins de 2 semaines, donc les CV ont sûrement déjà été étudiés et ils ont sûrement déjà la liste des étudiants convoqués en entrevue 

Allo ! Je pensait qu'on aurais des nouvelles le 21 Janvier, aurait tu vu une date différente somewhere else ? 

Merci beaucoup !

2 hours ago, Loki_MD said:

Allo ! Je pensait qu'on aurais des nouvelles le 21 Janvier, aurait tu vu une date différente somewhere else ? 

Merci beaucoup !

No no, when they said we will have answers in less than 2 weeks they meant answers for interview invites on January 21, which is less than 2 weeks away :) same date 

On 1/8/2022 at 11:44 AM, Telomerase31 said:

Surtout qu’on va avoir les réponses dans moins de 2 semaines, donc les CV ont sûrement déjà été étudiés et ils ont sûrement déjà la liste des étudiants convoqués en entrevue 

En fait, lorsque je vais sur Minerva, j'ai l'option Upload a New Version

On 1/8/2022 at 8:06 AM, Laly20 said:

Unfortunately you can't. It is not even possible to upload a new version of the c.v. on minerva.

It is possible actually, the option Upload a new version is available