Premed 101 Forums

Casper study, understanding what to do and what not to do

Hi there,

My name is Camille and this is my second year applying to medical schools in quebec I don't know how it goes in the west but here in quebec the casper is pretty damn important. Now there's one thing I hate more than everything in life and it is Casper. That's why I want to understand once and for all how to ace it, now that most of us are receiving our quartiles I think this is in reach. I made a google form with 15 questions here is the link. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeun8WWv7o4YzkKjnqx16oDDXf5_AgmsxGnq9OSCT6KYX2w1g/viewform?usp=sf_link

In there I ask about 15 questions about how you approached the exam and of course your quartile. Before Christmas I plan on posting the findings of my little study on here. I'll even post the cleaned up and anonymous data sheet so that other people can have a look. If you'd like to help out on the data analysis or report writing send me a PM I'll take all the help I can get! I hope this little project can help other applicants in the future and me if I have to apply again next year. Because even though Casper is based on a noble idea it's a pile of shit in real life. And we need to make it as all the rest of medical school applications, it needs to be about how hard you've worked not how lucky you are.

Cheers! Camille P.S. If you can share this with others it would be the best. We need people in quantity and in all quartiles to make this happen. Send it to your friends

EDIT: Thanks for answering it's coming along nicely! 70 people have taken the questionnaire so far. Thing is more than half of those scored in the 4th quartile. We really need people from the 1st and 2d quartile to be able to come to statistically significant conclusions on what works and what doesn't. I know It sucks to get a low score and we don't want to brag about it, I got 1st quartile myself, but without our input the conclusion won't be as crystal clear. So please if you scored lower take the time to answer this.

20 hours ago, CantaloupeSeeds said:

Good stuff! One point of feedback I have is making the "If you completed mock Casper questions how did you review them?" question optional because you have "No" as an option to pick in the prior question. 

Good one I didn't catch that, thanks!