Premed 101 Forums

Did your files update to “Being Screened for consideration of full file review” from “Applicantion complete ; under review”

saw someone post about it on **DELETED**. It does not mean anything. However I thought it wouldn’t be bad to have healthy discourse about where they might be in the file review. 

I feel we will get invites a bit earlier this year. 

3 minutes ago, DrKing said:

Did your files update to “Being Screened for consideration of full file review” from “Applicantion complete ; under review”

saw someone post about it on **DELETED**. It does not mean anything. However I thought it wouldn’t be bad to have healthy discourse about where they might be in the file review. 

I feel we will get invites a bit earlier this year. 

I imagine this is the part in which GPA’s, MCAT scores, and other “cut-off” criteria are being evaluated. Not sure how it will affect the time frame of invites but nice to have some kind of update 

18 minutes ago, GreyHairPreMed2.0 said:

I imagine this is the part in which GPA’s, MCAT scores, and other “cut-off” criteria are being evaluated. Not sure how it will affect the time frame of invites but nice to have some kind of update 

I fully agree with your conclusion. That makes the most sense. I was thinking something similar. 

13 minutes ago, OSRmedhopeful said:

If the screening is starting now, I wonder what they were doing for the past 1.5 months???

Probably organizing all the files to see which were complete and maybe even reviewing/scoring top tens. Now they may be able to generate their cutoff scores and discuss each candidate along with areas of concern(that part of process can take weeks). 

Remember they have one of the smallest offices in the country. 

*this is speculation, no empirical evidence to support*. 

On 11/25/2021 at 10:53 AM, LostLamb said:

File reviewers just got access to files to review is what it means.

Admissions office is a busy place and dont forget that many working there work more than one job.

Yup, one of the hard parts of dealing with the system is realizing the perhaps one of the most important days in your life is by necessity just another Tuesday for someone else. There is a huge volume of admin work to be done at any medical school and the admissions area is just one part. Plus they are paranoid about making any mistakes - and there have been enough mistakes actually done in the past to remind them to actually be paranoid. So things are slow.