Premed 101 Forums

In need for some directions and options

Hi there,

I am extremely lost right now as someone who's trying to go to dental school as a "mature" person.  So the back story is there were some serious personal issues back when I was in uni, so I end up graduating from a 3 year general science degree. I worked for a little while, and now everything has cleared and I've decided to take my chances, work hard to pursue my dream. 

It's not easy to find information on how to approach this as a "mature" person since everyone's experience are different. But I'd really appreciate if someone could share some guidance here. 

So starting off, I would need prerequisites. Since my general science grades weren't good, and there is no "post-bac" program in Canada (like what they have in US), is the only option here to do a second bachelor? I see some people mentioning just retaking the prerequisite courses as non-degree? Does that mean after retaking it, I can just apply with those prerequisites' GPA?

Another option is go to Quebec, do the prerequisite in CEGEP, then apply. I'm from Ontario, what's my chances there since most people use their HS grades for cegep application, and there is the SRAM system where lots of people got rejected because of it?

I'd really appreciate if anyone knows some insights towards this. It seems complicated and discouraging since there is no definitive way compared to the tradition students, but I really want to at least try instead of just giving it up. 

Thanks in advance for anyone who's willing to shed some light.