Premed 101 Forums

newbie needs help

hi everyone! I only recently started looking into PT as a career hence I'm not too familiar with everything (so apologies if I sound clueless lol). I'll ONLY be applying to Mac this year and had a couple questions

1) This is from Mcmaster's website "All applicants with a 3.3/4.0 (B+ or 77% or 9/12) sub-GPA and who have met the requirements for the four pre-requisite courses, will be invited to participate in an online interview" ==> excuse my dumbass but just to confirm...I'm really guaranteed an interview if I just meet these 2 requirements??!! 

This brings me into my next question. Anyone familiar with the kinds of questions asked at the interview? I have a few extracurriculars but none related to physiotherapy so I'm afraid it'll be an automatic R for me.

Lastly, are y'all prepping for interviews from now? since Im applying to just 1 school the pressure is ON to ace the interview LOL!

Thank you guys in advance!!

On 12/5/2021 at 5:07 PM, likeakol said:

hi everyone! I only recently started looking into PT as a career hence I'm not too familiar with everything (so apologies if I sound clueless lol). I'll ONLY be applying to Mac this year and had a couple questions

1) This is from Mcmaster's website "All applicants with a 3.3/4.0 (B+ or 77% or 9/12) sub-GPA and who have met the requirements for the four pre-requisite courses, will be invited to participate in an online interview" ==> excuse my dumbass but just to confirm...I'm really guaranteed an interview if I just meet these 2 requirements??!! 

This brings me into my next question. Anyone familiar with the kinds of questions asked at the interview? I have a few extracurriculars but none related to physiotherapy so I'm afraid it'll be an automatic R for me.

Lastly, are y'all prepping for interviews from now? since Im applying to just 1 school the pressure is ON to ace the interview LOL!

Thank you guys in advance!!

Hey! So yes, from my understanding the first part is true. If you have a 3.3 or above, you get an automatic interview. The catch is 1300 people apply, the majority of them interview, and they accept ~ 70 students. I went to mcmaster physio, and took the Kira. The questions tend to be more of a job interview style Q's. I personally had no questions related to physio, more just about asking about my life experiences. I was accepted and personally didn't talk about PT once during my interview. Good luck!