Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2021/22

Invites come out next week, and I thought I might as well procrastinate from studying for finals :$. Feel free to share your stats using the template below. Best of luck to everyone! 

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time):
Result (i.e. invite or regrets):
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable):
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS):
Geography (i.e. IP or OOP):
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies):
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in):
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff):

1 hour ago, Rosiglitazone said:

Oh my God! Okay, it happening. Everybody stay calm. STAY [expletive]-ing CALM!

FYI, 2025 statistics are out! 

https://med-fom-ugrad.sites.olt.ubc.ca/files/2021/11/FINAL-MED-2025-Admissions-Statistics-Website.pdf

wait am I actually seeing the avg admitted GPA decrease or am I just reading it wrong :o

38 minutes ago, HopefulMD786 said:

wait am I actually seeing the avg admitted GPA decrease or am I just reading it wrong :o

Not really. The overall all average is slightly down compared to the previous year. But if you look at the breakdown, a much larger proportion of the class had > 90% average than the year before, and a smaller proportion of the class is in the 80-85% and 85-90% groups. There are a few more people with very low averages (8 people with 70-79%) compared to last year (when there was only 2), which perhaps accounts for the slight decrease overall. 

43 minutes ago, MissionUBC said:

UBC website has this msg "We will be performing system maintenance on Thursday, December 9th from 7:00 AM PDT to approximately 9:00 AM PDT. Please log out and refrain from logging in during this time"

Does this mean that interview invite might come in this week? Any thoughts?

No... UBC sent out an email last week that the interview invites will be sent on the week of the 13th. If that email doesn't tell you when the interview invites will be sent, then I don't know what else will.

16 hours ago, MissionUBC said:

UBC website has this msg "We will be performing system maintenance on Thursday, December 9th from 7:00 AM PDT to approximately 9:00 AM PDT. Please log out and refrain from logging in during this time"

Does this mean that interview invite might come in this week? Any thoughts?

I imagine they’re doing this to ensure things go smoothly next week. I don’t think they’d surprise us with random invite days because they’ve already indicated the days you should have access to a computer for booking your interview

2 hours ago, mayerzttey said:

this is pretty much the same thing across most medical schools in Canada? people want to stay closer to family and their social supports, i don't get why this is surprising.

Because this is 25% more than previous years? I am sure you would like more ppl declining offers if you are on waitlist. 

26 minutes ago, nt2324 said:

I got an invite omg

I was early deadline so maybe regular invites are tomorrow?

I have an exam tomorrow so I'll be back after but good luck to everyone!!! 700 invited out of 2829 applicants this year.

Niceeee!! Where'd you see that 700 were invited out of 2829? I couldn't find that on the blog