Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2021/22

31 minutes ago, ubcd13 said:

Do we think that early invites could come out in waves? Or, should all the early invites just assume it's a rejection at this point? :(

As far as I recall the invites always come out in waves, and generally in alphabetical order. My last name is early so maybe that's why I got my invite early. At this time only ~20 interview slots have been booked of the 700 so still lots of time to be contacted. 

Best of luck to everyone! Too bad we won't get to meet each other in person for interviews.

1 hour ago, Rosiglitazone said:

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): 12:26 PM (PDT)
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite (MD/PhD)
GPA/AGPA: 90.5
MCAT: 513
Geography: In Province, 4th year BSc (Hons) at UBC

ECs: Extensive research experience (5 pubs, 2 first author). Multiple research awards/stipends. Multiple academic awards and designations at UBC. Part-time job since high school (5 years), volunteer at a hospital and children’s hospice (2+ years). Founder of 2 community health advocacy initiatives targeted towards BC’s South Asian community, one of them being grant-funded. Leader of an academic society at UBC, and involvement in multiple clubs since first year (3+ years). Very unique life experiences from a young age.

I can't believe I am posting this right now. I've been lurking these forums for the past three years and to be honest I never thought I would make it to this point. Keep your head up everyone! Good times are coming ahead!

You're nuts bro! Wow... Such a crazy amazing person! Very unique life experiences from a young age. Crazy bro. Congrats! Much deserved.  

7 minutes ago, mayerzttey said:

You're nuts bro! Wow... Such a crazy amazing person! Very unique life experiences from a young age. I'm assuming you grew up in Africa and had to figure out how to get clean water before going to school? Crazy bro. Congrats! Much deserved.  

I sense the hostility in this...

12 minutes ago, ilovescience said:

Getting real anxious. Do you guys think theres any chance invites are still going out today?

I feel the same way. I truly think that there probably aren't going to be any more invites today, but you really never know. UBC Med has done some out of the box things before, so I wouldn't be surprised.

1 hour ago, stressssed said:

I feel the same way. I truly think that there probably aren't going to be any more invites today, but you really never know. UBC Med has done some out of the box things before, so I wouldn't be surprised.

nah its probably done for today... brace yourselves for regular invites/regrets tomorrow tho. GL every-1!

5 minutes ago, futuredoctor5279 said:

I'm surprised by how little action this thread has been getting today. I feel like in past years it was bumpin... I can't help but wonder if its just because there wasn't a ton of info sent out today

nah the culture has just changed, people just keep to themselves more on here compared to like 2-3 years ago. it's interesting considering how the number of applicants has increased so much since then as well

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): 1:45 PM (EDT)
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite (early)
GPA/AGPA: 85/86
MCAT: 514
Geography: OOP (IP for interview invite bc of PhD) 

Extracurriculars: scored well here based on last year's post-rejection results (mix of student club leadership, research, volunteering)

9 minutes ago, Ballislife2412 said:

Does anyone who got a regrets who applied early see this on their OAS account under profile? I did not apply early and yet to hear back a response but I just noticed that you can upload a photo in profile on the OAS! Could it be a sign?

I have it too, regular applicant and waiting impatiently for tomorrow! 

12 minutes ago, Ballislife2412 said:

Does anyone who got a regrets who applied early see this on their OAS account under profile? I did not apply early and yet to hear back a response but I just noticed that you can upload a photo in profile on the OAS! Could it be a sign?

I have it too but I don't think it means anything to be honest... UBC likes to play with your feelings so I refuse to bring any hope up.