Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2021/22

First time applying! Applying as a third year applicant. I wasn't sure where to find my NAQ score or my official UBC GPA. Anybody know?

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): 10:21 AM (PST)
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): ~91.8
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 514 (129/127/129/129)
Geography (i.e. IP or OOP): IP (Rural Pathway)
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies):
Extensive background in competitive sport. Lots of coaching, volunteering and advocacy related to sport. Diverse volunteering in clinical and non-clinical settings but VERY few hoursSome research experience.
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): Not sure where to find this. Anybody know?
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff): 

2 minutes ago, ubccommutergirl said:

I feel like it is still early in the day (and week)... but who knows at this point. 

Yes, but generally people book an interview as soon as they get the invite. Last year the slots booked up extremely slowly and turns out they did send the offers in waives so just trying to see if that's the case this year too 

1 minute ago, teachdoc said:

Yes, but generally people book an interview as soon as they get the invite. Last year the slots booked up extremely slowly and turns out they did send the offers in waives so just trying to see if that's the case this year too 

Just counted, there are 363 open slots remaining as of now. 

7 minutes ago, Saturation said:

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): December 14, 10:21am PST
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): invite
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): 88-89
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 130/128/129/127 (514)
Geography (i.e. IP or OOP): IP
ECs: Pretty cookie cutter volunteering (hospital volunteering, executive at a few clubs, some research positions, other structured volunteering with professional organizations but with hundreds of volunteer hours for different entries, and some hobbies like piano and swimming).

This is my first interview after a few attempts, so its very exciting for me!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the news & telling us that you’ve attempted a few times before. Gives me hope! Good luck with interviews.

41 minutes ago, teachdoc said:

Is anyone able to check approximately how many interview slots seem taken/ are remaining? Trying to figure out if this is it for me this year or if there is still hope...

There are still lots of spots! I don't know if they're sending out invites and regrets at different times, but there are still 299 spots remaining as of: Dec. 14th - 11:52 AM PST

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): Dec. 14 @ 10:21 AM
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): ~93
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 520 (130/128/130/132)
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): mainly employment, hobbies, not much volunteering (was working my way through university), some academic awards and scholarships
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): 
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff)

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): Dec 14, 10:21am
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): INVITE
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): ~86
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 510 --> 127/124/131/128
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): various volunteer positions at community centres and community service in general, lots of personal hobbies, hospital volunteer, coaching, altruism, no research however
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): 75 - 100th percentile last year
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff): very close to the cut off last year

Pretty excited but as Kobe said...: what's there to be happy about? job not finished ;)

2 minutes ago, MoneyMachine17 said:

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): Dec 14, 10:21am
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): INVITE
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): ~86
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 510 --> 127/124/131/128
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): various volunteer positions at community centres and community service in general, lots of personal hobbies, hospital volunteer, coaching, altruism, no research however
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): 75 - 100th percentile last year
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff): very close to the cut off last year

Pretty excited but as Kobe said...: what's there to be happy about? job not finished ;)

Congratulations !!

6 minutes ago, BKin.d said:

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): Dec. 14 @ 10:21 AM
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): ~93
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 520 (130/128/130/132)
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): mainly employment, hobbies, not much volunteering (was working my way through university), some academic awards and scholarships
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): 
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff)

Congratulations!!!