Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Interview Invites/Regrets 2022


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, tungsten44 said:

Could it be possible we hear back next week?

Mac has sent out interview invites on Jan 10 (Thursday; 2019), Jan 8 (Wednesday; 2020) and Jan 14 (Thursday; 2021), so my guess the earliest we would hear back is the week of Jan 10 - maybe on the 12 or 13. I am 100% speculating so do not take my word for it. I highly doubt they will send it next week but you never know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anyone's curious about the stats needed to get an interview, I came across this table that tells you the required Casper, CARS, and GPA combo. Please don't take it too seriously, since McMaster's calculations are based on the scores of every single applicant in the pool, and no one can know this except McMaster. I would say though if your Casper score is at least 10-15% over the listed score, an interview's definitely likely! 

3JLrxBC.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, poorpremed said:

Mac has sent out interview invites on Jan 10 (Thursday; 2019), Jan 8 (Wednesday; 2020) and Jan 14 (Thursday; 2021), so my guess the earliest we would hear back is the week of Jan 10 - maybe on the 12 or 13. I am 100% speculating so do not take my word for it. I highly doubt they will send it next week but you never know. 

Just to add on - Mac was late last year (Jan 14) because they also had to separate and consider the individuals who were guaranteed an interview because of their horrid lottery system in 2020. So I’d estimate Jan 8-10, rather than later. But again, I’m not adcom LOL so I would not know! I hope everything works out for all of us. ❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, socialistcookie1 said:

Just to add on - Mac was late last year (Jan 14) because they also had to separate and consider the individuals who were guaranteed an interview because of their horrid lottery system in 2020. So I’d estimate Jan 8-10, rather than later. But again, I’m not adcom LOL so I would not know! I hope everything works out for all of us. ❤️

The 8 and 9 are on a weekend and the 10th is a Monday (not sure if they typically send invites on mondays but the last 3 years was the middle of the week). Either way I am trying to not think about it lolol. Good luck! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, poorpremed said:

The 8 and 9 are on a weekend and the 10th is a Monday (not sure if they typically send invites on mondays but the last 3 years was the middle of the week). Either way I am trying to not think about it lolol. Good luck! 

Oooh you’re right - I had not checked the calendar LOL. I’m also trying to avoid thinking about those dates as much as possible - luckily got shifted for work Jan 6-13 so I’m just going to pretend med school isn’t a thing and keep myself busy. Remember to take care of yourself in the coming days! :) Best of luck to you too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, socialistcookie1 said:

Just to add on - Mac was late last year (Jan 14) because they also had to separate and consider the individuals who were guaranteed an interview because of their horrid lottery system in 2020. So I’d estimate Jan 8-10, rather than later. But again, I’m not adcom LOL so I would not know! I hope everything works out for all of us. ❤️

For what it's worth they also sent the acknowledgement email 8 days earlier than last year as well so hopefully that means they'll come out earlier than last year as well. But mid-week next week or the week after (more so the week after i.e. week of the 10th) is definitely likely 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, drhopeful111111 said:

am i crazy or did i read somewhere that was going to be near the middle/end of jan?

Im probably wrong and just imagining things. 

 

In the acknowledgement email they did say "late January" however they do say this every year (including last year when I applied) so it's never the case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone I’m so nervous for interviews to come out!

my stats are gpa: 3.82, cars: 127 and Casper 4th quartile and I’m IP. I’ve seen a few posts in the past where people with similar stats receiving interviews so I’m a little hopeful but also nervous knowing my chances are slim. 
 

good luck to everyone!! Wishing everyone a happy new year as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 8hope said:

my stats are gpa: 3.82, cars: 127 and Casper 4th quartile. I’ve seen a few posts in the past where people with similar stats receiving interviews so I’m a little hopeful but also nervous knowing my chances are slim. 

I'm in a similar place of uncertainty (126 CARS, 3.96 GPA, 4th Quartile CASPer). Wishing you all the best!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MacMedHopeful110 said:

Good luck! It's almost time :O.

I have a 3.91 cGPA, 128, 4th quartile, I. I'm really hoping that I don't need to write the MCAT again, and I'm letting this invite/rejection decide that!

You have a really good shot, if not you, then idk 
-----------------------
My stats are 
3.7
130
4rth quartile 
I'm also just letting this be the last cycle haha. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, anon128785943 said:

this is a really dumb question, but just to confirm, lets say you get 4th quartile casper, mcmaster can see exactly where you lie between the 75th and 100th percentile?

That’s correct. Only the schools will get your exact percentile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, anon128785943 said:

this is a really dumb question, but just to confirm, lets say you get 4th quartile casper, mcmaster can see exactly where you lie between the 75th and 100th percentile?

They won’t actually see your percentile, this is relevant to those who wrote the test on the day you did. They will in fact see your raw score, which is much more accurate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...