Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Interview Invites/Regrets 2022

Considering Mac is doing a Kira Live platform testing on Mon Jan 17 @1030am (to see if the platform can handle synchronous interview this year -- they couldn't last year), they will probs send out interview invites by mid/late next week once they decide if the interviews this year will be synchronous or asynchronous.

This is my best guess.

7 minutes ago, northern fm mandem said:

Considering Mac is doing a Kira Live platform testing on Mon Jan 17 @1030am (to see if the platform can handle synchronous interview this year -- they couldn't last year), they will probs send out interview invites by mid/late next week once they decide if the interviews this year will be synchronous or asynchronous.

This is my best guess.

How do you know they doing a testing on that date?

30 minutes ago, anon128785943 said:

That doesn't really make any sense tho. Why did they release the md/phd invites already then. Wouldn't they have done this test before? idk hopefully it comes tmmrw 

hmm good point... I dont think there are that many mdphd interview candidates though and do they also do an MMI? Also I think mdphd interviews are much earlier than regular md.

13 hours ago, Hanboy123 said:

hmm good point... I dont think there are that many mdphd interview candidates though and do they also do an MMI? Also I think mdphd interviews are much earlier than regular md.

Yes, MD/PhD interviews are MMI (https://fhs.mcmaster.ca/mdphd/how_to_apply.html) and I do recall seeing somewhere else that they’re earlier than MD. 
I hope they send the emails today, the wait is brutal

51 minutes ago, gremlin0822 said:

Yes, MD/PhD interviews are MMI (https://fhs.mcmaster.ca/mdphd/how_to_apply.html) and I do recall seeing somewhere else that they’re earlier than MD. 
I hope they send the emails today, the wait is brutal

I also know a mac med student and reached out to them this morning asking if they knew anything about the KIRA system test; he said yes, there's a test happening this Monday where med students are invited to participate. He's not sure if this is the reason why the invites are so delayed this year, but at the very least, the KIRA tests are definitely confirmed. 

So I think @northern fm mandemis right - it might be next week at this point, sometime after Monday. :(

Kinda ridiculous of Mac to be doing these preliminary tests now when they have to send out II/R's. They had so long to do this :(

6 minutes ago, HBSR123 said:

why does this kira thing have anything to do with us though?
Like you guys mean they super busy with that?

I think they have to state in their interview invites whether it will be synchronous or asynchronous and maybe they dont want like alot of emails about this from the people that were invited. idek lol...

2 minutes ago, Hanboy123 said:

I think they have to state in their interview invites whether it will be synchronous or asynchronous and maybe they dont want like alot of emails about this from the people that were invited. idek lol...

ohhh okay that actually makes a lot of sense then. Thanks!!

Yeah defs looking like late next week. Welp I called it friends!!! 

1 minute ago, HBSR123 said:

ohhh okay that actually makes a lot of sense then. Thanks!!

Yeah defs looking like late next week. Welp I called it friends!!! 

Np!!! According to some guy on **DELETED**, their mac med friend said this Kira test was suppose to happen much earlier but no one signed up so it got delayed to Monday.