Premed 101 Forums

History of Premed101

notanothersherlock

I have no family or friends in medicine, so I probably wouldn't have been able to become a MD without the site! I think this is true for many others who came from a similar background. The site has been around since the early 2000s.

The owner is a staff radiologist, Ian Wong. I assume he personally pays the upkeep costs since there aren't any annoying ads on the site!

paging @Ian Wong @rmorelan to provide the origin story.

I am so old that I first posted when this was an ezboard forum! different username that I would rather keep to myself because in retrospect I am embarrassed...it was back in the day when people spoke of being "thinveloped" at the post office. Back in the time of the dinosaurs... :P

The forum is about 20 years old now, and yes created by Dr. Ian Wong so is of course still around ha. I have been on the forum for about 15 years now so there was an entire generation of people before me who I still remember well ha.  Good times! 

This is the third generation of site format, and this one is getting a bit long in the tooth as well (we should probably start looking at upgrades). 

He does pay for it and we keep it add free etc so we can avoid any bias (one day it will be my pleasure I hope to help with that ha, now that I am staff as well). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure why I was poking around here. But I met my wife on this forum. We met here went to the same med school. Couples matched x 2 and are both staff now, married, with a daughter. All started 12 years ago here. What a ride lol. Best of luck to everyone in the rat race of med school admissions in Canada. 

23 hours ago, AdamP said:

Not sure why I was poking around here. But I met my wife on this forum. We met here went to the same med school. Couples matched x 2 and are both staff now, married, with a daughter. All started 12 years ago here. What a ride lol. Best of luck to everyone in the rat race of med school admissions in Canada. 

Now that's an awesome story! 

Premed101... getting you entry into medical school, the residency match, and the spousal match 

- G

• 2 months later...