Current year: 
ECs: 

Casper: 

Invite/Regrets: Realistically Most Probs Rejection
Time Stamp: Nothing yet
Stream: French
cGPA: 3.80
Current year: Masters year 1

Casper: 1st quartile: it was my 4th time doing it (in both languages)

ECs: Not "NASA quality" but it's pretty decent with some volunteering, research and sports/community help. Casper and maybe GPA lower than 3.85 could be the reason for rejection. Not bummed out: med requires strong persistence to get in and get out. 

My advice for whoever might be reading : Don't view rejection as a bad thing, use it as a wake-up call to fix your strategy.

If you also got a low casper score, don't be too disappointed- see it as a filtering tool more than a personality test.

Good luck!

Invite/Regrets: Regrets
Time Stamp: 1:57PM - Jan 27
Stream: English
wGPA: 3.91
Current year: Finishing Master's degree

MCAT: Not relevant, but 130/127/132/128 - 517. *sad CARS noises*

CASPer: 4th Quartile (I'm a relatively fast typer and was comfortable going into full detail for 2/3 questions, then half finishing the 3rd for most prompts)
ECs: Should be okay or average? Did about 2 years of full time research in a biotech company, led 2 projects during Master's, some poster presentations and conferences, TAing and teaching, Health Canada work during co-op, Club Exec for 2 years, played club level tennis, and am learning/proficient in sign language (do some volunteer work with deaf and HOH children).

Excited to see whether this ends up being enough and how everyone here stacks up against the rest of the applicant pool. Good luck all :) hope this anticipation of getting the Invite doesn't kill us all lol

EDIT: in the past, people have emailed to find the date that interview invites are released. Is anyone open to sending an email for this?

Invite/Regrets: Currently in january so no answer yet
cGPA: 3,86 OMSAS
Current year: second year out of three years undergrad 

Did not write the MCAT
ECs: dm me

Casper: 4th quartile

With my low GPA do you think there's a chance I'll be interviewed?

Good luckkk

On 1/13/2022 at 12:35 PM, neuro2859 said:

Invite/Regrets: Currently in january so no answer yet
cGPA: 3,86 OMSAS
Current year: second year out of three years undergrad 

Did not write the MCAT
ECs: 
A scolarship from the medecine faculty of my university for a summer internship in a lab, a congress with other trainees that also got the scolarship to present our work and results, member of a secourism/RCR club in my school for a year, guitar and piano, organizing soccer tournaments for young women, foster family for kittens from a pet shelter, etc. nothing too crazy or science related so I don't feel like I can rely on my ECs this much right?

Casper: 4th quartile, it seems like so many people got 4th quartile... I don't feel like it's enough to say that my casper is gonna boost my application... I feel that to be a distinguished applicant you would need to be one of the best among the others in the 4th quartile, does anyone else feel this way? 

With my low GPA and average ECs do you think there's a chance I get to be interviewed?

Good luckkk

A 3.86 GPA for the French stream is considered competitive, no? 

On 1/17/2022 at 4:59 PM, newpath2021 said:

A 3.86 GPA for the French stream is considered competitive, no? 

Humm I have no idea... I didn't know that the competitiveness is different between the french and english stream... I thought that in both the average GPA needed for an admission would be a 3.9 and upper no? If you know any detail about the competitiveness of the french stream I'd be glad to hear that :) 

Thanks 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:16 PM, letmeinLETMEIN said:

Invite/Regrets: I have no idea :'(
Time Stamp: Not yet
Stream: English
wGPA: 3.91
Current year: Finishing Master's degree

MCAT: Not relevant, but 130/127/132/128 - 517. *sad CARS noises*

CASPer: 4th Quartile (I'm a relatively fast typer and was comfortable going into full detail for 2/3 questions, then half finishing the 3rd for most prompts)
ECs: Should be okay or average? Did about 2 years of full time research in a biotech company, led 2 projects during Master's, some poster presentations and conferences, TAing and teaching, Health Canada work during co-op, Club Exec for 2 years, played club level tennis, and am learning/proficient in sign language (do some volunteer work with deaf and HOH children).

Excited to see whether this ends up being enough and how everyone here stacks up against the rest of the applicant pool. Good luck all :) hope this anticipation of getting the Invite doesn't kill us all lol

EDIT: in the past, people have emailed to find the date that interview invites are released. Is anyone open to sending an email for this?

I wrote them a random email for a random question, and they sent an automated answer saying that the interview process would take place between february 12 and 28 if that can help you

On 1/19/2022 at 6:17 PM, neuro2859 said:

Humm I have no idea... I didn't know that the competitiveness is different between the french and english stream... I thought that in both the average GPA needed for an admission would be a 3.9 and upper no? If you know any detail about the competitiveness of the french stream I'd be glad to hear that :) Or any detail about the general vibe in the french stream vs the english stream... do they have classes in common?

Thanks 

I think its 3.87 for the french stream (OOP) and 3.7 for IP

2 minutes ago, neuro2859 said:

Does that mean that my application won't even be considered (that they won't even review my file) since my 3.86 OMSAS is under the 3.87 cut-off? 

If you are from the Ottawa-Gatineau region, 3.85 is good but if you are not then you might be screened out unfortunately. They could have changed the cut offs this year that I dont know about but who knows.

**For EN stream sorry

On 1/21/2022 at 1:47 PM, poorpremed said:

If you are from the Ottawa-Gatineau region, 3.85 is good but if you are not then you might be screened out unfortunately. They could have changed the cut offs this year that I dont know about but who knows.

**For EN stream sorry

You're talking about the english stream? I am actually in the french stream 

8 hours ago, Hanboy123 said:

Has anyone emailed them? I know they usually will tell u the exact date, they have not responded to my email lol.

It will be this week (like they said on their website). I am thinking it will be Tuesday, but that is just my guess. They usually don't send out on Mondays or Fridays, but who knows!