Premed 101 Forums

Doing the casper before actually submitting application?

mid

Hey all!

So I saw that there's an english casper date this week, and I'd really want to do it that day. The problem is that I haven't submitted my uni applications yet (bc I'm not 100% sure which programs I'm applying to other than med :/). Is it still possible for me to do the test or do I have to submit my applications to the schools (Mcgill and Udem) first?

Thanks for any help :))

You can do it before applying.

there’s a gap anyways between when you write casper, when it’s corrected, and when the results are transmitted to the schools.

you’ll have to choose one school at a minimum beforehand for your casper test, other schools/programs you can add afterward.

Also be aware that not all programs require the same casper test. So depending on which subsequent programs you choose to apply to apart from med, you may have to write a different casper test.

11 hours ago, MDee2B said:

You can do it before applying.

there’s a gap anyways between when you write casper, when it’s corrected, and when the results are transmitted to the schools.

you’ll have to choose one school at a minimum beforehand for your casper test, other schools/programs you can add afterward.

Also be aware that not all programs require the same casper test. So depending on which subsequent programs you choose to apply to apart from med, you may have to write a different casper test.

perfect thanks!!