Premed 101 Forums

carms cv research question

Looking for advice, 

I was a primary author on a research project which was presented by someone other than myself at a conference.

How should I relay this in my CV? I don't want to be misleading but don't want to sell myself short either... Currently i'm including it in "publications" as an "abstract" rather than in the "presentation" section.  

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, frenchpress said:

I usually just have a * and footnote (or other formatting, e.g. sometimes I use bolding) to denote ‘presenting author(s)’ if there’s a presentation involved in a larger project/publication/abstracts. That way authorship order is separate from presenter. 

^^ This.

Abstract shouldn't really belong under publications. To me that is more misleading than putting it under presentations despite the fact you did not present it. It was accepted as a presentation, not as a publication, so put it under presentations and put an asterisk to denote presenting author. I also usually bold my own name to make it easily distinguishable.

e.g.

Presentations (* denotes presenting author):

Author A., Author B., Author C.*, Author D. Title. [oral presentation/poster] Date. Conference. Location.