Premed 101 Forums

Dean's Honor List not indicated on the MSPR?

Hi all, I'm applying to CaRMS right now for R1, and noticed that my MSPR doesn't mention that I was on the Dean's Honor List. I know they made some changes to the MSPR these past few years but I'm not sure if this is an accidental omission or an intended revision of the MSPR to no longer include such achievements. Can anyone chime in? Thank you.

1 hour ago, IM_student_111 said:

Hi all, I'm applying to CaRMS right now for R1, and noticed that my MSPR doesn't mention that I was on the Dean's Honor List. I know they made some changes to the MSPR these past few years but I'm not sure if this is an accidental omission or an intended revision of the MSPR to no longer include such achievements. Can anyone chime in? Thank you.

That kind of stuff showed up on my transcript not on my MSPR. I feel like MSPR's are not completely standardized across the country, but I could be wrong. Check with your student affairs or academic advisor at your school...

This wouldn't show up your MSPR since MSPR is meant to be a summary of evaluations from your rotation and a commentary on your professionalism and clinical abilities. Also not entirely sure this would show up on a medical school transcript since all med school courses are pass/fail. If you are referring to undergrad deans honour list, nobody would care for CaRMS.

On 1/4/2022 at 4:30 PM, jb24 said:

That kind of stuff showed up on my transcript not on my MSPR. I feel like MSPR's are not completely standardized across the country, but I could be wrong. Check with your student affairs or academic advisor at your school...

They are not! and that is something people having been working on for a bit - there is this general theme of trying to standardize the playing field in all things related to CARMS, and having different MSPR formats definitely is an issue. 

On 1/5/2022 at 7:41 PM, rmorelan said:

They are not! and that is something people having been working on for a bit - there is this general theme of trying to standardize the playing field in all things related to CARMS, and having different MSPR formats definitely is an issue. 

Wait I thought a couple years ago that they had become standardized! Which is why a lot of things no longer appear on the MSPR at our school. 

But yeah to answer the question, there's usually a section on transcript somewhere that will include Honor List