Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Medicine Invite/Regrets 2021-2022

• MacMedHopeful110 changed the title to Queen's Medicine Invite/Regrets 2021-2022
16 minutes ago, EnggPremed said:

Just wanted to add that this website is student-run and not connected with the admissions office, so take any updates with a grain of salt. Hang in there though—the wait is so rough! 

Gotcha, thanks for the info!! And I know, I am basically jumping at every e-mail notification I get at this point.

4 hours ago, worstluck said:

Any ideas of when the invites will come out for Queens? Past observations? Just really anxious

Last year interviews came out 25 days before the interview day. Extrapolating to this year puts interview release at this coming Tuesday, January 18.

Things change year to year, of course, but usually they give at least 3 weeks notice so I expect them next week or so. Take what I said with some salt, I’m just an applicant like you.

30 minutes ago, Deipnosophist said:

Last year interviews came out 25 days before the interview day. Extrapolating to this year puts interview release at this coming Tuesday, January 18.

Things change year to year, of course, but usually they give at least 3 weeks notice so I expect them next week or so. Take what I said with some salt, I’m just an applicant like you.

MMIs also seem to be much earlier this year than year's past so this coming week does seem likely since I'm sure they'd wanna give enough time for people to confirm their attendance, sign any forms, etc.

Result: Regrets :'(

Time Stamp: 2:54 PM
wGPA: 3.90
Year: Finishing Master's

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 130/127/132/128 517 

CASPER (Quartile): 4th Quartile
ECs: Pretty average. Club exec positions for a few years, played tennis/golf at clubs for a while, 4000+ hours of research (worked full time for a few years in research) including leading 2 projects, some national and international poster presentations, and proficiency in ASL (volunteer with some deaf/HOH children)
Geography (IP/OOP): IP

Result (Invite/Regrets): Regrets 

Time Stamp: 2:52 PM 

wGPA: 3.71 (I think?)

Year: 2018

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 516 (130/129/129/128)

CASPER (Quartile): 3rd

ECs: National team sport, 2 years working as consulting engineer, thousands of hours coaching youth sport, tutor for low socioeconomic students, food bank delivery driver for past year. Overall I thought pretty solid. 

Geography (IP/OOP): OOP 

Took over a full course load my last two years. I know Western only considers 5 per semester for GPA calculation but maybe Queens uses all of my grades? Not sure, perhaps someone can confirm. If in fact Queens uses all my courses from my last two years than my wGPA would only be 3.63 which could have gotten me screened out. Oh well, here's to hoping for Dal and potentially an interview at Western! Congrats to those that got an interview. 

Result (Invite/Regrets): Regrets

Time Stamp: 2:53 pm
wGPA: 3.84 (cGPA 3.79)
Year: MSc in Progress

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 131/130/129/130 520

CASPER (Quartile): 4th Q (must have been good,  got a Mac II with that cGPA lol)
ECs: Lots of mentoring & volunteering, sport team, 4+ years of research  (no pubs though), writing for an advocacy organization, internships... a lot more interesting stuff (and hours) this time compared to my last app, but I guess it wasn't enough. Oh well
Geography (IP/OOP): IP

Not too bummed because I got an invite from Mac, but it still stings a little since I really liked the sound of Queens' MD program too :( Congrats to everybody who got an invite! 

Result: Regrets

Time Stamp: 2:52 PM EST

wGPA: 3.835 (last two years)

Year: last year of 2nd UG

MCAT: 514 (130/127/130/127)

ECs: A lot of long term volunteering, plus many different executive position in school run clubs. Co-founder of a student run organization to help students prepare for post-secondary. Also currently an employed health-care professional. 

CASPer: 3rd Quartile

Sucks but my new motto has become it is what it is... Good luck to everyone that got interviews! 

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite!

Time Stamp: 2:51 PM
wGPA: 3.88
Year: Grad student

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 128/131/129/130

CASPER (Quartile): 4
ECs: A mix of some cookie cutter stuff but I also had a lot of cool stuff that I'm passionate about

After not getting a single interview across the country last year, I feel extremely blessed to be getting interviews this time around

Hi everyone. This is my 3rd cycle and no interviews yet. I rewrote my MCAT in 2020 and this is my first time applying with a 130 CARS (was 126 for prior 2 cycle).

Time Stamp: 2:52 PM
wGPA: Most recent 2 years is 3.99. Cumulative is 3.90.
Year: 2nd Year Research-based MSc

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 130/130/131/132

CASPER (Quartile): 2nd quartile (this could be why? Not sure how Queen's is using CASPER).
ECs: Thought these were strong and pretty diverse but idk if they are enough when comparing to all these other amazing applicants! We'll see how the other schools respond to these.

Congratulations to everyone who got an interview and best of luck! 

To those that didn't, you're amazing and this is not a determinant of your worth. We're all on our own journeys and this a small blip on the wonderful life adventure you have ahead of you!!!

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite

Time Stamp: 11:51 PST
wGPA: 3.91
Year: Postdoc

MCAT: 518 (129/127/131/131)

CASPER (Quartile): 4th
ECs: Pretty decent I think. Have PhD, pubs, awards, etc. Can DM if curious. 
Geography (IP/OOP): OOP

Interviewed last year but got cut after MMI. Hopefully this one takes! 

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite

Time Stamp: 2:51
wGPA: 3.90
Year: Masters

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 128/129/130/128 (515)

CASPER (Quartile): 4th
ECs: Multiple publications/abstracts, varsity sports, long-term volunteering positions

Almost didn't see the email since it got sent to my junk folder, but so excited! Waitlisted last time I applied so hoping for a better outcome this year

Time Stamp: 2:52 pm
wGPA: 3.95
Year: PhD

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 518 (128/129/129/132)

CASPER (Quartile): 4th
ECs: Very research focused, 10 pubs (5 first author), major awards, 600+ hrs of TAing/teaching, scientific education outreach, some smaller volunteering roles. Have worked part time throughout my whole undergrad degree at various jobs. Also included a couple of hobbies. 
Geography (IP/OOP): OOP

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite

Time Stamp: 2:51 PM EST
cGPA: 3.96
Year: 3rd

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 130/127/127/130

CASPER (Quartile): 4th, rejected from Mac tho but probably bc 127 CARS
ECs: 3rd quartile UBC (50-75th percentile), 4-5 years research labs in clinical epidemiology and public health, started child healthcare nonprofit, global health related clubs, working with vulnerable subpopulations, student council, 3 peer-reviewed publications