Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Medicine Invite/Regrets 2021-2022

Result (Invite/Regrets): Regrets

Time Stamp: 2:52 pm
wGPA: 3.96
Year: MSc

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 507 (123/129/127/128)

CASPER (Quartile): 4th
ECs: Many pubs, working in a clinical team in a hospital, 5+ years of volunteering, scholarships, leadership volunteering position for 3+ years, international and national conferences, worked throughout undergrad
Geography (IP/OOP): IP

Damn chem/phys is what pushed me out I think!

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite!

Time Stamp: 2:51 pm (11:51 am PST)
wGPA: ~ 3.83 
Year: Undergrad completed Spring 2021

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 510 (125/128/129/128)

CASPER (Quartile): 3rd Quartile
ECs: Varsity athletics, some leadership positions related to student athletics, two research positions (one NSERC, one honours, no pubs), head of a Special O team, various different volunteer positions healthcare related, exec/chair for a few student clubs, volunteer with humanitarian organization, fitness trainer, lifeguard, camp counsellor. Message me for more details!
Geography (IP/OOP): OOP

Hey everyone! As someone who was about to give up on Canadian Med after 3 cycles of pre-interview rejections in-province (BC), I wanted to share my stats to give hope to some others who might be in the same boat! I'm super excited to have my first med interview be with Queens :) 

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite

Time Stamp: 3:08pm (EST)
wGPA/cGPA: 3.99/3.69
Year: Finished Masters Dec 2021, now working

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 126/127/128/129

ECs: A lot of work experience, some long term volunteering, not many extracurriculars (low SES so I replaced that with working 2-4 jobs at once), and lots of research (1 first author systematic review and author on 3 other papers)

I literally sobbed once I got the email. This is my 4th application cycle and first interview invite. 

Edited by poorpremed
Correcting the year I finished my masters (Finished UG in 2019 but took a 5th year so graduated in 2020)

Posting my stats for all the non-traditional applicants and those with lower GPAs because I never thought I would be able to get an interview. 

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite

Time Stamp: 2:51pm
wGPA/cGPA: 3.91/3.32 
Year: Completed master’s degree

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 126/127/130/129

ECs: lots of ECs. I tried to buffer my lower stats with ECs (I am an older applicant). Worked in 2 labs in my undergrad, part of multiple student clubs, had a couple small part-time jobs throughout school, 10+ publications, multiple conference presentations, completed lots of volunteering hours in uni and continued after. I’ve been working full-time in research for 3 years post-grad. 

I cried so much when I received the invite. I failed a course early in my undergraduate degree and it has been an uphill battle to comeback from that. I really didn't think it was possible! Wishing everyone good luck with their interviews.

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite

Time Stamp: 2:51
cGPA: 3.97
Year: 4th UG

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 128/128/128/128 (512)

CASPER (Quartile): 4th (Got Mac also)
ECs: Lots of long-term employment, NSERC USRA, research assistant, palliative care volunteering, lots of clubs and other extracurriculars. Wasn't feeling so great about these after getting 25th-50th percentile NAQ for UBC but I think my ABS was a lot better written!
Geography (IP/OOP): IP

Was honestly shocked to get this after my UBC NAQ score but I am so so grateful and excited for this interview! :) 

Result (Invite/Regrets): R

wGPA/cGPA: 3.9+/3.79
Year: Undergrad complete 2017

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 127/128/129/129

CASPER (Quartile): 4th
ECs: lots of ECs. Work since high school, extensive volunteering, minimal research involvement, recreational athletics. Most notably have been working in healthcare since 2015, as a nurse from 2017-2021 and now a healthcare administrator running an entire COVID vaccine roll-out for a public health unit. Extensive experience in community care, acute care (hospital) and public health. I highly doubt they read into these prior to interview invites.

5 applications to Queens and 0 invites for me. Time to cross another one off the list forever.

11 hours ago, taylor131 said:

Does anyone know if the interview invites/rejects were sent out all at once? I still haven't heard anything yet and I checked my junk box already.

I believe they all should have went out! Queens may have an interview waitlist but I am not sure how that works if they do (just speculating).

3 minutes ago, Medschool12345 said:

Did anyone get email confirmation after accepting the interview? I saved my response so I have a copy but didn't get anything from Queen's saying it went through. 

Nope nothing. I think if you try clicking the link again and it says "you have completed the survey already or your session has expired" then you're all good they'll probably reach out to us next week with details

Sorry a little late to the game here... Email went to junk for some reason.

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite!

Time Stamp:  2:51pm
wGPA: Don't know. But OMSAS was 3.84, wGPA should be higher.
Year: Graduated

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS):  518 (128/132/128/130)

CASPER (Quartile): 3rd, but felt good.
ECs: A capella, 4 years in a lab (inc. 3rd Author publication), Campus ambulance service... And many more if you wanna know more just reach out.
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP

Last year was rejected pre-II. 2nd time's the charm!

On 1/19/2022 at 1:12 PM, stressedoutblondie said:

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite!

Time Stamp: 2:51 pm (11:51 am PST)
wGPA: ~ 3.83 
Year: Undergrad completed Spring 2021

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 510 (125/128/129/128)

CASPER (Quartile): 3rd Quartile
ECs: Varsity athletics, some leadership positions related to student athletics, two research positions (one NSERC, one honours, no pubs), head of a Special O team, various different volunteer positions healthcare related, exec/chair for a few student clubs, volunteer with humanitarian organization, fitness trainer, lifeguard, camp counsellor. Message me for more details!
Geography (IP/OOP): OOP

Hey everyone! As someone who was about to give up on Canadian Med after 3 cycles of pre-interview rejections in-province (BC), I wanted to share my stats to give hope to some others who might be in the same boat! I'm super excited to have my first med interview be with Queens :) 

I am in the same boat as you! 3rd cycle all around, no interviews until this point, except my GPA is quite a bit lower. I had pretty much resigned myself to another app cycle until I heard from Queens that I needed to “respond” to an email. I found the invite in my spam folder and nearly cried. What a feeling. Excited just for the opportunity to interview at this point :) Best of luck to you! 

1 hour ago, highonhope said:

I am in the same boat as you! 3rd cycle all around, no interviews until this point, except my GPA is quite a bit lower. I had pretty much resigned myself to another app cycle until I heard from Queens that I needed to “respond” to an email. I found the invite in my spam folder and nearly cried. What a feeling. Excited just for the opportunity to interview at this point :) Best of luck to you! 

That's so exciting!! Congratulations! :) Best of luck to you too! We kept pushing and it's finally happening for us!