Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Medicine Invite/Regrets 2021-2022

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is anyone still looking to form MMI prep group? If so, please comment here or message me and we can figure something out!

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite Time Stamp: 3:08pm (EST) wGPA/cGPA: 3.99/3.69 Year: Finished Masters Dec 2021, now working MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 126/127/128/129 CASPER (Quartile): 4

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite! Time Stamp: 2:51 pm (11:51 am PST) wGPA: ~ 3.83  Year: Undergrad completed Spring 2021 MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 510 (125/128/129/128) CASPER (Quartile): 3r

On 1/19/2022 at 1:12 PM, stressedoutblondie said:

Result (Invite/Regrets): Invite!

Time Stamp: 2:51 pm (11:51 am PST)
wGPA: ~ 3.83 
Year: Undergrad completed Spring 2021

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 510 (125/128/129/128)

CASPER (Quartile): 3rd Quartile
ECs: Varsity athletics, some leadership positions related to student athletics, two research positions (one NSERC, one honours, no pubs), head of a Special O team, various different volunteer positions healthcare related, exec/chair for a few student clubs, volunteer with humanitarian organization, fitness trainer, lifeguard, camp counsellor. Message me for more details!
Geography (IP/OOP): OOP

Hey everyone! As someone who was about to give up on Canadian Med after 3 cycles of pre-interview rejections in-province (BC), I wanted to share my stats to give hope to some others who might be in the same boat! I'm super excited to have my first med interview be with Queens :) 

I am in the same boat as you! 3rd cycle all around, no interviews until this point, except my GPA is quite a bit lower. I had pretty much resigned myself to another app cycle until I heard from Queens that I needed to “respond” to an email. I found the invite in my spam folder and nearly cried. What a feeling. Excited just for the opportunity to interview at this point :) Best of luck to you! 

1 hour ago, highonhope said:

I am in the same boat as you! 3rd cycle all around, no interviews until this point, except my GPA is quite a bit lower. I had pretty much resigned myself to another app cycle until I heard from Queens that I needed to “respond” to an email. I found the invite in my spam folder and nearly cried. What a feeling. Excited just for the opportunity to interview at this point :) Best of luck to you! 

That's so exciting!! Congratulations! :) Best of luck to you too! We kept pushing and it's finally happening for us!