Premed 101 Forums

Invite/regret MDCM (this is not MED-P) 2022

Med201920

TIME STAMP: 11:00
Result: Invite
degreeGPA: 4.15/4.3 udem (mcgill scale 3.97/4.0)
MCAT: 518 
ECs: humanitarian volunteer (6 years in the Congo region), Veteran (former Lieutenant in the army) 6 publication (submitted only 2 most important though), work at McGill hospital
Year: Masters (finished, in epidemiology). Udem (Biology). second masters ongoing (data science)

CASPER Quartile: 3rd English  

QC residency Verified or not: Yes  (in december)

IP/OOP/International: IP  

Letter of EC: did not submit any EC 

I feel like this year the masters have been given a bigger weight.

Thanks you all for your support!

TIME STAMP:  11:10 AM ET
Result:  Reject
degreeGPA:  3.6 (I knew it was a long shot - never thought I would apply to med school lol) 
MCAT:  -
ECs:  1 first author pub (not submitted yet), 1 second author pub (not submitted yet), volunteering, lots of research exp, worked full time during my undergrad in a leadership/management position, currently a TA, gave 2 conferences (one at the SfN annual meeting)  
Year:  UG in cognitive neuroscience, currently a 2nd year masters student (biomedical sciences) 

CASPER Quartile:  4th (French)

QC residency verified or not:  Yes

Letter of EC: No

You're all amazing! I wish you the best of luck.

25 minutes ago, WeGotThis2022 said:

Bonjour à tous ! Quelle journée... Mon Minerva s'affiche en français, alors je ne suis pas certaine : que signifie "décision en attente" ? 

Merci :)

It means waitlisted for interview! Go on this site https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/fr/post-presentation/suivre-le-statut-de-votre-demande and click on les codes de minerva and then search for yours!

30 - Décision en attente Liste d'attente pour les entrevues.

6 minutes ago, Med201920 said:

TIME STAMP: 11:00
degreeGPA: 4.15/4.3 udem (mcgill scale 3.97/4.0)
MCAT: 518 
ECs: humanitarian volunteer (6 years in the Congo region), Veteran (former Lieutenant in the army) 6 publication (submitted only 2 most important though), work at McGill hospital
Year: Masters (finished, in epidemiology). Udem (Biology). second masters ongoing (data science)

QC residency Verified or not: Yes  (in december)

Letter of EC: did not submit any EC 

I feel like this year the masters have been given a bigger weight.

Thanks you all for your support!

Congrats!!

You think this year the masters have been given a bigger weight? Like those who completed their masters? I'm wondering if people who completed a professional masters have maybe a higher chance to get accepted?

7 minutes ago, ldtr said:

TIME STAMP:  11:10 AM ET
Result:  Reject
degreeGPA:  3.6 (I knew it was a long shot - never thought I would apply to med school lol) 
MCAT:  -
ECs:  1 first author pubs (not submitted yet), 1 second author pubs (not submitted yet), volunteering, lots of research exp, worked full time during my undergrad in a leadership and management position... 
Year:  UG in cognitive neuroscience, currently a 2nd year masters student (biomedical sciences) 

QC residency verified or not:  Yes

You're all amazing! I wish you the best of luck.

I'm really sorry for your rejection, don't loose hope ! I wish you all the best :) 

I'm scared I have similar stats and i'm also a 2nd year master student but i'm doing a professional master so I don't know if this could make a difference :( 

TIME STAMP: 11:25
degreeGPA: 3.94
MCAT: NA
ECs: lots of research and 1st author pubs, lots of work experience
Year: finished MSC

QC residency Verified or not: Yes 

Letter of EC: No

You are all amazing, and I'm mostly left thinking about how insanely competitive and unfair this process is. Sending love and congratulations to all, no matter your outcome, for persevering and being so badass!

@ceelbe, probably a good sign RE: the checking on courses in progress. fingers crossed for you!

10 minutes ago, Med89 said:

I'm really sorry for your rejection, don't loose hope ! I wish you all the best :) 

I'm scared I have similar stats and i'm also a 2nd year master student but i'm doing a professional master so I don't know if this could make a difference :( 

Thank you very much! :) 

I feel like a professionnal master might make a difference (a good one). I really wish you an invite! 

2 minutes ago, Romina said:

TIME STAMP: 11:25
degreeGPA: 3.94
ECs: lots of research and 1st author pubs, lots of work experience
Year: finished MSC

QC residency Verified or not: Yes 

You are all amazing, and I'm mostly left thinking about how insanely competitive and unfair this process is. Sending love and congratulations to all, no matter your outcome, for persevering and being so badass!

@ceelbe, probably a good sign RE: the checking on courses in progress. fingers crossed for you!

Congrats!!! :) woohooo!!

Which master did u do? :)

TIME STAMP: 11:21
degreeGPA: 3.99/4.0
MCAT: 
ECs: Clinical research(covid and neuro: Alzheimer
) and presentations, varsity athlete, basic volunteering/jobs, some awards and distinctions
Year: 3rd year UG

CASPER Quartile: 4e quartile (français )

QC residency Verified or not: Verified

Letter of EC: not submitted

TIME STAMP: 11:20
Result: Invite !!
degreeGPA: 3.98
ECs: two USRAs, research assistant in two labs, work experience
Year: 3d year bachelors

CASPER Quartile: 4th french

QC residency Verified or not: Yes on nov 18

I'm so grateful, i was truly losing hope. Everyone here had AMAZING stats, please keep trying !! :)

2 minutes ago, Med89 said:

In Minerva, you can see checking in progress for your courses?  

Good luck, I wish you an invite!! :) 

no, it's because admissions contacted both of us on Tuesday to ask for proof that we were registered in our final prerequisite courses in order to be considered eligible to apply. we were trying to decide if this meant good news since they asked us right before interviews. we'll see!! thank you :)

5 minutes ago, ceelbe said:

no, it's because admissions contacted both of us on Tuesday to ask for proof that we were registered in our final prerequisite courses in order to be considered eligible to apply. we were trying to decide if this meant good news since they asked us right before interviews. we'll see!! thank you :)

Oh yeah I see!

Good luck :)

TIME STAMP: 11:48
Result: Invite
degreeGPA: 3.98
MCAT: N/A
ECs: lots of research experience, many different sports at different levels, president of multiple university societies, 300+ hours volunteering with marginalized communities, much more
Year: Graduated last year

CASPER Quartile:  4th   English   

QC residency Verified or not:  Verified                                               

I am very excited to interview for Mcgill, congratulations to everyone who got an interview. It seems as if this was a very competitive year so if you didn't get an interview keep your heads up and be proud of everything you achieved.

TIME STAMP: 11:45
Result: Reject
degreeGPA: 3.60/4 (with winter exclusion) (I know it's not a competitive GPA :/ )
MCAT: N/A
ECs: Volunteeting, master thesis, placements in hospitals and private clinic, working experiences, typical ECs
Year: 2nd year professional master

QC residency Verified or not:   Yes                                                     

I am so sorry for those who got rejected, don't loose hope everyone :) For those who got invited, I am so happy for you guys and I'm wishing you all the best for your interviews !

Good luck guys :) 

TIME STAMP: 11:25
Result: Invite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
degreeGPA: 3.80/4.0
ECs: quality volunteering and work experiences plus grants at school
Year: M.Sc. completed in 2020

QC residency Verified or not:     QC                                          

IP

Oh my god I can't believe it!!! I'm crying of joy right now!!! I've decided to try for medicine back in 2017 while starting my Masters, having no science prerequisites done from secondary 5. It is my 3th year applying (2nd at McGill), knowing it was a long stretch with that low GPA. I worked on my ECs and practiced a lot for Casper and now I seem to reap the rewards of those sacrifices from the last 4 years. For those who got refused with a similar profile, don't give up it may be your turn next year!!

8 minutes ago, Laly20 said:

IP

Oh my god I can't believe it!!! I'm crying of joy right now!!! I've decided to try for medicine back in 2017 while starting my Masters, having no science prerequisites done from secondary 5. It is my 3th year applying (2nd at McGill), knowing it was a long stretch with that low GPA. I worked on my ECs and practiced a lot for Casper and now I seem to reap the rewards of those sacrifices from the last 4 years. For those who got refused with a similar profile, don't give up it may be your turn next year!!

CONGRATS WOOOHOOO!!! Je suis tellement contente pour toi!!!

J'ai une impression que ceux qui ont reçu une invitation, ils ont soit une GPA de 3.9 au bac ou une GPA en bas de 3.9, mais on fini leur maîtrise. 

Bonne chance pour ton entrevue, je te souhaite toute la chance du monde!! :) 

9 minutes ago, Laly20 said:

IP

Aussi, par curiosité, tu as fait une maitrîse en quoi? :)