Premed 101 Forums

Calgary Medical School GPA Calculation Question

So I received my lowest GPA during the fall 2019 semester and then in the winter 2020 semester received CR due to COVID. On the UofC website it states that

1. The grades from the fall 2019 term, as long as a minimum of 9 units/credits are associated with a numerical or letter grade; OR
  2. Fall 2019 and Winter 2020, as long as 18 units/credits are associated with a numerical or letter grade AND all eligible units/credits in the Winter 2020 term are reported as numerical or letter grade.
  3. Applicants who have completed or will have completed their undergraduate degree prior to matriculation into the MD program will have their lowest GPA year removed from the above calculation. The lowest GPA year must have a minimum of 18 graded units (credits) included in the GPA calculation.

Does this mean my fall 2019 semester will be weighted as an entire year and will not be able to be dropped since I didn't have 18 graded credits because in the winter I received CR?

This is really unfortunate if true as it changes my GPA from about a 3.85 to a 3.6 if I cannot drop this year since it was a COVID year.

Any clarification or advice on this topic would be amazing. Thanks!

Also does anyone know if UofA has a similar policy?