Premed 101 Forums

Residency Electives

Currently an r2 in an anesthesia program. Able to do medicine selective next year, as well as I can do anesthesia electives away. Curious if there is any website outlining electives available? From looking at universities websites it always says to email the PD, but for something broad like IM that is vague. Lots of opportunities like palliative to cardiology to toxicology. 

2 hours ago, MarsRover said:

Currently an r2 in an anesthesia program. Able to do medicine selective next year, as well as I can do anesthesia electives away. Curious if there is any website outlining electives available? From looking at universities websites it always says to email the PD, but for something broad like IM that is vague. Lots of opportunities like palliative to cardiology to toxicology. 

In my experience you just contacted the program directly about elective opportunities. You can ask directly about like general IM/CTU electives, but some programs may not take elective students on CTU.