Premed 101 Forums

Format of Medical Learning during COVID in First and Second Year Across Canada

On 1/25/2022 at 12:18 PM, kwrgvnq said:

Hey! UofC first year for the most part has been a mixed bag. Before Omicron we had lectures online and physical exam/communications/anatomy in person. Since omicron we have been moved online (until mid February) for everything except exams. We have been permitted to shadow since September and that hasn't changed with omicron. 

On 1/26/2022 at 5:35 PM, ShadesofCyan said:

UBC 1st years have not been allowed to Shadow yet. Second years were allowed for October - mid-December and no are no longer allowed. 

UBC Classes were fully in person this September to December. From January, we have been online other than anatomy labs and some clinical skills and some office visits. 

Same boat for Schulich. I try not to complain but its been pretty rough. 1.5 years in and I've only managed to do a single observership LOL (that being said there are in my class that have done a lot more). This year we were able to book observerships for one month and then omicron shut it down. Hoping for it to open up again bc i have no clue what i wanna do with my life lmao