Premed 101 Forums

Music while studying

granduc

After hours and hours of listening the same music while stuying, I'm interrested to discover something new. So what are you listening to ? I personally enjoy movies and videogames soundtracks (so much that when I hear anything from The Lord of the Rings I now associate it with studying and not the movies. I once took a test in pharmacy school with ''Khazad-dûm'' on repeat in my head, it was a strange experience, but not unpleasant. What an epic way to identify Biaxin as a CYP450 3A4 inhibitor).

• 2 weeks later...

When I was studying for the MCAT I went through a period where I was just listening to the Tron 2 soundtrack by Daft Punk on repeat. I went through similar phases with different soundtracks or playlists in medical school. I feel like having a soundtrack for a big exam helps, because then when I think of the music during the exam my brain just gets in the zone for whatever I’m supposed to be doing. Doesn’t work as well for remembering things day to day though. Lately I have been enjoying Shook and Monster Rally for studying. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I usually listen to a monotonous rhythm; this helps the brain tune in to a certain wave and better memorize information. I turn on a few hours of lo-fi music and study without touching the phone until the video ends, so I can not set a timer and not be distracted by how much time I have left. Sometimes I listen to my music, as I create some songs for myself in my free time. My parents advise me to use advertising from artist pr, but I don't want to, because I think I'm not good enough in this field. If someone would be interested in listening to what I'm doing, write to me, and I'll send you a couple of songs

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...