Premed 101 Forums

Can PAs own clinics with physicians?

Technically anyone can own a FFS clinic. For example some clinics in malls are owned by the mall and the docs pay rent but run the clinic. Other systems may have a corporate owned clinic with a hired manager for HR, maintenance, logistics, etc. and the practitioner just pays pays an overhead and doesn't have to worry about hiring and firing, paying rent, etc.

So you could very much do a 50/50 with an MD. Theoretically you could own the clinic 100% and do all the admin stuff and the MD pays you an overhead, regardless of you being a PA.

I don't know the administrative details of FHO clinics.

30 minutes ago, bearded frog said:

Technically anyone can own a FFS clinic. For example some clinics in malls are owned by the mall and the docs pay rent but run the clinic. Other systems may have a corporate owned clinic with a hired manager for HR, maintenance, logistics, etc. and the practitioner just pays pays an overhead and doesn't have to worry about hiring and firing, paying rent, etc.

So you could very much do a 50/50 with an MD. Theoretically you could own the clinic 100% and do all the admin stuff and the MD pays you an overhead, regardless of you being a PA.

I don't know the administrative details of FHO clinics.

thanks for the response! I want to do more of the admin side of things (hiring, logistics) and help see patients to increase billings. But having an MD be 50% invested means they have some sort of interest in the "success" of the clinic.

I'm interested in FHO models since they employ a large number of PAs and having an investment in that model may be beneficial long term. Thanks for your insight though!