Premed 101 Forums

University of Alberta DDS 2026

On 5/13/2022 at 1:30 PM, Dentttt said:

I also received an acceptance today! I will be turning it down as I have already accepted a spot at another school, so best of luck to everyone else! :) 

IP/OOP: IP

GPA: 3.94

DAT: 19RC/22PAT

Interview score: 63/84

Experience: dental hygienist 

Did you already have your transcript submitted when you received the early acceptance?

On 5/13/2022 at 3:46 PM, mydentgirl said:

GPA: 3.91

DAT: Science total: 22, AA:22, RC:21, PAT:20

(Pretty sure they look at the whole score now, and not just RC and PAT anymore)

Interview score: 68/84

Experience: Working in a health care setting, volunteering in my community, and I felt really good about my personal statement. :) 

Did you already have your transcript submitted when you received the early acceptance?

Little late posting, but I also received an acceptance on May 13 and will be accepting. 

----------

P/OOP: IP

GPA: ~3.84 (depending how an extra semester I completed and the lowest year dropped score is calculated)

DAT: RC-23 ST-19 PAT-21

CASPER: 4th quartile

Interview score: 70/84

Experience: 5+ clinical research experience, multiple long-term volunteer roles/leadership roles

-----------

Good luck to everyone, and for those accepting offers - See you in the fall! 

Accepted! Received the email on May 19th. They said they sent out early admission notices on May 13th and 19th. We have until June 6th to respond (2 weeks) just fyi.

GPA: 3.8

CASPer: 4th quartile

DAT: Science total: 19, RC:22, PAT:21

Interview score: 59/84

Personal Statement: I felt decently good about it.

Experience: Executive of 3 uni clubs, coached kids sports for 11 years, 2 years of research.

I feel like my ECs carried my application because my other stats aren't that high (?). I'm pretty surprised ngl. Good luck to those still waiting! I believe in youuuuuu!!

On 6/10/2022 at 1:03 AM, SoulCrushingSadness said:

Congratulations on getting in! I'm really surprised that you have absolute insane stats, and you got your admission in June instead of May? Not that it matters honestly, that's freaking amazing, but I'm just shook since you have the highest stats on the thread so far! Are there any parts of your application that you felt were weak at all?

Congrats to you guys that got in! Looking forward to meeting you in the fall. 

To anyone that hasn't gotten in yet, don't be discouraged! I didn't get in until mid July after hearing all my other friends get into their professional programs over the weeks before I got my acceptance letter so you never know. Don't be like me and open the forum every day lol. That definitely did an unnecessary toll on my mental. Applying is an arduous process so definitely take the time to decompress when you can. If it doesn't happen this year, you've always got next cycle plus the experience from this one under your belt.

Feel free to shoot a message to me if you have any questions about the program. I'm just an oldhead procrastinating on their intersession assignments and exams :) 

Hello! I received an acceptance email on Wednesday, June 15th! Honestly, I know that this year the criteria has changed but given everyone's high GPA's, I didn't know what to expect after the interview. But I'm so happy as my dental journey has been pretty long and exhausting lol

GPA: 3.53 (with my worst year dropped)

DAT: 21 AA, BIO 23, CHEM 22, PAT 21, RC 17

CASPER: 3rd Quartile

Interview score: I was too nervous to ask so I don't know lol. I did kick myself for a few things and felt I could have improved in some ways, but overall I did feel good about it.

Experience: I feel like I had really good extra-curriculars (lots of volunteering, multiple employment, multiple shadowing including virtual, etc...) along with good verifiers who all knew and liked me. I also personally really liked my personal statement.