Premed 101 Forums

2022 UofA Waitlist Thread

12 hours ago, hopeful5332 said:

IP waitlist as well! Anyone have an estimate of what our chances of getting off the waitlist are? feeling a little defeated right now :(

Was waitlisted last year. There's not much IP movement with the UAlberta waitlist unfortunately compared to OOP. The waitlist itself officially closes near the end of summer. There's still reason to be optimistic but I personally wouldn't get too invested because it can really ruin a summer. Good luck!

I think it’s important to remember that we don’t know the details of the waitlist. We could sit here all day and speculate, but it doesn’t change the outcome. Stay hopefully everyone, and remember, it ain’t over til it’s over! I’ve heard of IP people getting off the waitlist a week before classes start. So don’t lose hope! 

Just wanted to let you know that I just declined my UofA offer and hope that opens up a spot for one of you! This was my 4th cycle applying. I had straight rejections the first 2 years. Last year I got rejected from uofa and waitlisted at uofc. I think I cried for a month straight after not getting off the waitlist… however, this year I was accepted to uofa and uofc. Don’t give up! If you want to be a doctor KEEP trying. 

12 hours ago, Sosof said:

Hope to see some movement soon IP WL !

Few hours late and got my acceptance off the WL!! Can’t believe it and still reading my offer email!! Best of luck for everyone hope you will see your emails soon!

Congratulations! At what time did you get the email?