Premed 101 Forums

WESTERN WAITLIST 2022

31 minutes ago, NotYourTypicalPreMed said:

Wish I knew. Maybe I was put on HWL by accident/my application got flagged.

This is just a guess but maybe they want a more diverse class so when they have free slot they pick the highest person on the wait list that is most similar to the person who dropped their seat.

44 minutes ago, adk said:

there's a bunch of people from Toronto in the class though...

They don’t ban people from Toronto but they want diversity. This is just speculation. I always felt torontonians get the worst end of the deal when it comes to admissions.  What else can explain why someone on the hwl wasn’t called yet. Ps I’m from Toronto and hate that they do this kind of stuff. Also just speculation.

11 hours ago, Xbox Skully said:

They don’t ban people from Toronto but they want diversity. This is just speculation. I always felt torontonians get the worst end of the deal when it comes to admissions.  What else can explain why someone on the hwl wasn’t called yet. Ps I’m from Toronto and hate that they do this kind of stuff. Also just speculation.

I don’t think that’s how it works…the waitlist is just a ranked list and if they didn’t follow that list then people would definitely riot. I doubt they can rank someone on HWL and then decide to push them to the end just because they live in the GTA…

“Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission. Please understand that this does not guarantee that you will receive an offer…”

10 minutes ago, NotYourTypicalPreMed said:

To those accepted off the NWL, are you SWOMEN? I think they might have a quota for non-SWOMEN, and since they reached it with HWL they had to move to the NWL in order to increase swomen class size. 

I’m non-swomen. 

I’ll refute my own theory. Someone on this thread was accepted off the NWL and they are non-SWOMEN. 

4 hours ago, NotYourTypicalPreMed said:

To those accepted off the NWL, are you SWOMEN? I think they might have a quota for non-SWOMEN, and since they reached it with HWL they had to move to the NWL in order to increase swomen class size. 

I’m non-swomen. 

I was accepted off the NWL and i am non-swomen but applied through ACCESS