Premed 101 Forums

USask Waitlist 2022

4 minutes ago, Randu said:

Ok it does seem like some people are getting waitlist offers so I think it’s finally starting to move, VERY slowly but surely 

Great news! Obviously I want to make it off the waitlist...but the weeks of uncertainty and anxiously checking my phone is hard. If I'm not getting in, just cut me loose! Or if I'm in, let me know so I can quit my job before summer haha

24 minutes ago, Sose77 said:

Great news! Obviously I want to make it off the waitlist...but the weeks of uncertainty and anxiously checking my phone is hard. If I'm not getting in, just cut me loose! Or if I'm in, let me know so I can quit my job before summer haha

This is exactly how I feel!! The longer we’ve waited to hear back, the less hopeful I’ve become. Admissions is really just dragging us along haha

Hey all, I have been checking this forum non stop for the last couple of weeks and figured I'd share the good news. 

Result-Accepted Regina (IP first quartile)

GPA- 91.4

MCAT- 517

Location- IP

Degree- BSc. Kin

Interview- Felt ok, but there was definitely stuff I could have improved on with each station.

Best of luck to everyone, rooting for all of you!

Hey guys! Just got accepted (Regina - 2nd Choice) off of the waitlist. I'm obviously super excited but those two weeks were mentally and emotionally exhausting. Know that there is movement on the waitlist and I'm rooting for all of you! 

Result- Accepted - Regina (IP 1st Quartile)

GPA - 89.2

MCAT - 513

Location - IP

Degree- BAS

Interview - 4/6 felt good, other 2 I was very unsure about

All the best everyone, hang in there!!

21 minutes ago, ThisIsStressful said:

Hey guys! Just got accepted (Regina - 2nd Choice) off of the waitlist. I'm obviously super excited but those two weeks were mentally and emotionally exhausting. Know that there is movement on the waitlist and I'm rooting for all of you! 

Result- Accepted - Regina (IP 1st Quartile)

GPA - 89.2

MCAT - 513

Location - IP

Degree- BAS

Interview - 4/6 felt good, other 2 I was very unsure about

All the best everyone, hang in there!!

Yay! Did they email you or update your portal first?

Hey guys! Got accepted to Saskatoon on Monday May 30th. Did not realize until reminder email to make decision late today. Email did not come at all with portal update, make sure to check your portals guys. Still may give up seat depending on OMSAS waitlists. For future reference, quartile sizes of OOP waitlist appear to be around 5. GL to everyone waiting.

Result: Accepted - Saskatoon (2nd Quartile)

GPA: 88ish?

MCAT: 524

Degree: B.S.

Interview: This was my first interview ever and I felt that I tunneled super hard on parts of answers and didn't do as well as elsewhere. 

Hi everyone! 

Very glad to say I was taken off the waitlist today. As mentioned above, I did not get an email, just checked the portal. Also, was given 3 days to accept the offer so waitlist should be moving pretty fast soon.  

Result: Accepted (First quartile)  - Regina campus (2nd choice)

GPA: high 80s I believe

MCAT: 507 

Interview: felt like it went well! started doubting myself after 

Best of luck everyone!

Hi everyone,

I got an offer off of the OOP waitlist. I didn't realize it until the reminder email. I will be rejecting it for UofA so there should be more waitlist movement soon!

Best of luck to everybody, just hang in there I promise :) 2 cycles of 0 interviews, then waitlisted for 1, and finally got 2 offers this time around!

Hi everyone,

I received an offer of admission on 2022-06-01. I am IP and was Waitlisted in the 1st Quartile. I had to check the portal to see this offer, but they emailed me the following day letting me know that my status on the portal had changed. I accepted my offer. I had until 2022-06-03 to accept my offer.

UAA: I haven't calculated it, but I believe it was high 80s.

MCAT: 514

Interview: At the time, I thought 5/6 stations were strong, and 1 of them was alright, but looking back I don't think I did as strongly as I originally thought.

I'm wishing everyone else on the WL the absolute best in your journey to med school. It can be stressful at times but I really hope it works out for all of us!