Premed 101 Forums

NL Applicant Decisions

I hope it's soon! I got in as an OOP like a month ago, and I've been anxiously awaiting everyone else getting their decisions so that I can start looking for roommates lol. Good luck everyone!! They sent mine on a Wednesday at 3pm if that helps 

2 minutes ago, chewypotato said:

I hope it's soon! I got in as an OOP like a month ago, and I've been anxiously awaiting everyone else getting their decisions so that I can start looking for roommates lol. Good luck everyone!! They sent mine on a Wednesday at 3pm if that helps 

Was that 3:00 pm in NL time? 

1 hour ago, chewypotato said:

I'm in the same boat!! I got in almost 2 months ago as IP PEI and I want to start connecting with others in the class (and also potentially find roommates)!! I feel for everyone - I went through a similar agonizing wait with Dal earlier in March and it's the worst! I found got my email on a Thursday at 9:03 AM AST which would be 9:33 AM NL time I think. Good luck everyone and I hope you find out soon!!

1 hour ago, PEImedstudent2026 said:

I'm in the same boat!! I got in almost 2 months ago as IP PEI and I want to start connecting with others in the class (and also potentially find roommates)!! I feel for everyone - I went through a similar agonizing wait with Dal earlier in March and it's the worst! I found got my email on a Thursday at 9:03 AM AST which would be 9:33 AM NL time I think. Good luck everyone and I hope you find out soon!!

Yay!! Congrats! I agree, the waiting sucks. 5-month turnaround time after the January interview is so long. Also, I reached out to the older med students who ran the interview prep and they said they’d be making a fb group soon after the NL in-province decisions are released. Apparently people used that in the past to find roomies. Happy to connect beforehand if you want!! :) 

On 5/18/2022 at 1:30 PM, EastCoastEng said:

I would bet any money it’ll be Friday of next week. They said “End of May” so I doubt it’ll be out any earlier. Also, this weekend is the long weekend (Victoria Day), unlikely they’ll do it before the Holiday. 

I think Friday too!!

5 minutes ago, premedbyday said:

Do we think it’ll be Friday AM or PM?

There doesn't seem to be any sort of consistent pattern... I assume they'll start in the morning with ~60 people to notify, but who knows. Any day of the week or time of day seems equally likely.

2 minutes ago, PhillyH said:

There doesn't seem to be any sort of consistent pattern... I assume they'll start in the morning with ~60 people to notify, but who knows. Any day of the week or time of day seems equally likely.

Do you know if acceptances and rejections get sent out in the same time frame (ie: together essentially) or will they be separate? 

Just now, premedbyday said:

Nope, figured we’d hear by 11:30 NL time

Nothing here either. Also really expected today. With all the delays I wouldn't be shocked if they left it to Tuesday at this point.