Premed 101 Forums

Ultrasound Course Volunteers Needed

Hi Gang,

I'm a resident physician in Calgary. We are running a course at UofC at Foothills Hospital to get physicians certified in bedside ultrasound for emergency room scans.

To do this we need a ton of willing torsos and lungs and uteruses.

It is volunteer, but we are able to include a stipend of $50 for a single 3-4h session.

I modeled as a pre-med and also through med school and found it useful, plus you literally just have to lay on a stretcher for a half day, so not exactly strenuous.

Email models@prairiepocus.ca if you are willing to help, or drop a comment here and I'll try to answer.

Thanks.

Models Poster YYC.png

• 7 months later...

Dear Caleb,

I happen to be a med school applicant to the U of C this year, who also has fifteen years' experience as an echo and carotid technician. I haven't practiced in general ultrasound since practicums in 2006-2007, but if you want a paid volunteer who could potentially give you tips while you scan, then I'm available.

Message me back if interested, or if you want training in other ultrasound learning opportunities related to cardiology- that's where I shine as a teacher.