Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

I have a feeling movement will be little to none this year :( I know its a little early to be making these assumptions given that tomorrow is the payment finalization deadline but I was looking at the facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1176701459799726/?ref=share) and it seems like ~90 have firmly accepted (3 admins and assuming that everyone in the group was admitted)? ~120 seats available, 20 reserved for Saskatchewan, 2 reserved for Indigenous and 98 for Canadian applicants...

On another note, I have been considering fully committing to going to Queens but I'm not too sure how to feel about Kingston itself.. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I am IP for UAlberta and it would make my life so much easier to stay! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, otplsacceptme said:

I have a feeling movement will be little to none this year :( I know its a little early to be making these assumptions given that tomorrow is the payment finalization deadline but I was looking at the facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1176701459799726/?ref=share) and it seems like ~90 have firmly accepted (3 admins and assuming that everyone in the group was admitted)? ~120 seats available, 20 reserved for Saskatchewan, 2 reserved for Indigenous and 98 for Canadian applicants...

On another note, I have been considering fully committing to going to Queens but I'm not too sure how to feel about Kingston itself.. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I am IP for UAlberta and it would make my life so much easier to stay! 

So I guess that based on that group we can assume that a max of around 30 or a min of 8 spots are still available for Canadian applicants depending on how many of those 90 already in the group are Saskatchewan residents/Indigenous. Seems like there could still be a fair amount of movement.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve also been keeping an eye on the number of seats available for first year courses on beartracks and it looks like they haven’t started enrolling people which makes sense if they haven’t finalized payments yet. Hopefully we will have a better idea later this week and they will respond to our emails. *fingers crossed*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone received a response for submitting their final transcripts? I sent mine just over 10 business days ago and received an email stating they would respond within 10 business days. I guess they are busy with receiving the fees and such today but just feeling nervous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, otplsss said:

I’ve also been keeping an eye on the number of seats available for first year courses on beartracks and it looks like they haven’t started enrolling people which makes sense if they haven’t finalized payments yet. Hopefully we will have a better idea later this week and they will respond to our emails. *fingers crossed*

I emailed them about movement on May 31st and still haven’t heard back, so they must be super busy. It’s weird though because last year it seems like we heard about movement in June/ faster response times so there may be less people in admissions this year, would be my guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ot20222222 said:

I emailed them about movement on May 31st and still haven’t heard back, so they must be super busy. It’s weird though because last year it seems like we heard about movement in June/ faster response times so there may be less people in admissions this year, would be my guess

I emailed on the 31st as well, still haven’t heard anything back. It’s so nerve wracking waiting for a response haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The waitlist should see some movement soon! I officially declined my acceptance on the portal after initially accepting when the first round of acceptances came out. 

I emailed them about withdrawing my acceptance on May 30th and still haven’t gotten a response. They’re probably really backed up on admissions stuff, so once they catch up hopefully more spots will open up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

damn :( I had hopes being on the top of the waitlist but idk if they'll continue.. i'm not sure how much it has moved so far, but I emailed them yesterday (June 14th) so I guess its a waiting game now. fingers crossed theres some movement within the coming days!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, otplsacceptme said:

damn :( I had hopes being on the top of the waitlist but idk if they'll continue.. i'm not sure how much it has moved so far, but I emailed them yesterday (June 14th) so I guess its a waiting game now. fingers crossed theres some movement within the coming days!

Same i was told I was top waitlisted too, in 2020 they seemed to go all the way down to the middle but last year they didn’t even finish the top section so hopefully we get more movement over July and August ugh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

uggh. I'm in the top section as well. I was really hopeful getting the email about that as I only got waitlisted at western (middle section) and rejections everywhere else :( I submitted my final transcript May 18th and got a response saying it's been added to my file the next day so I thought that was a good sign but I haven't heard anything since. All we can do I guess is send out good vibes that the waitlist moves and we get in *fingers crossed*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got an email back from UofA:

We do not release the number of waitlist offers that have been sent. However, I can tell you that to date we have had slower than usual waitlist movement and have release very few seats. Waitlist movement occurs randomly based on a decline from a accepted applicant.  Waitlisted applicants can be contacted any time up until the end of August.  If we are able to offer you admission you will be contacted by email as soon as possible.
 
OT Admissions
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, jpOT said:

I just got an email back from UofA:

We do not release the number of waitlist offers that have been sent. However, I can tell you that to date we have had slower than usual waitlist movement and have release very few seats. Waitlist movement occurs randomly based on a decline from a accepted applicant.  Waitlisted applicants can be contacted any time up until the end of August.  If we are able to offer you admission you will be contacted by email as soon as possible.
 
OT Admissions

Thanks for sharing! I received a very similar email a few days ago. I’m in the top section but I’m feeling a little discouraged hearing there hasn’t been much movement. I guess it’s still early but this waiting game sucks :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2022 at 1:29 PM, otplsss said:

Thanks for sharing! I received a very similar email a few days ago. I’m in the top section but I’m feeling a little discouraged hearing there hasn’t been much movement. I guess it’s still early but this waiting game sucks :(

This really does suck I’m sorry you’re having to sit through this as well :( I’m also in the top section. Have you thought about if you would still accept if you got an offer at the very end of August? 
I’m OOP so I’m having a hard time deciding 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2022 at 12:03 PM, jpOT said:

This really does suck I’m sorry you’re having to sit through this as well :( I’m also in the top section. Have you thought about if you would still accept if you got an offer at the very end of August? 
I’m OOP so I’m having a hard time deciding 

I would accept if I found out at the end of august because I’m from Edmonton, so thankfully I wouldn’t have to move. That’s a tough decision! It would definitely be stressful to move on such short notice but also so hard not to turn down the offer. If we both got accepted, I would happily help you move ahaha  :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2022 at 4:31 PM, otplsss said:

I would accept if I found out at the end of august because I’m from Edmonton, so thankfully I wouldn’t have to move. That’s a tough decision! It would definitely be stressful to move on such short notice but also so hard not to turn down the offer. If we both got accepted, I would happily help you move ahaha  :) 

Just got off the waitlist!!! 
 

At about 1pm MST I think! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ooooooootpls said:

Just got off the waitlist!!! 
 

At about 1pm MST I think! 

Congrats!!! How exciting! 

Hopefully we hear some more movement soon, I've heard from people that have previously accepted a seat this cycle that they haven't received their official/ second letter acceptance (which is post payment) so we shall see. 

For those of us keeping track (maybe just me?) we have heard of people getting off the waitlist on May 27 and June 22, fingers crossed! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ot20222222 said:

Congrats!!! How exciting! 

Hopefully we hear some more movement soon, I've heard from people that have previously accepted a seat this cycle that they haven't received their official/ second letter acceptance (which is post payment) so we shall see. 

For those of us keeping track (maybe just me?) we have heard of people getting off the waitlist on May 27 and June 22, fingers crossed! 

Definitely not just you ahaha. I’ve been keeping track as well. Hopefully we will see some more movement in the coming days !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ooooooootpls said:

Thanks everyone! 

For your reference I was at the top of the list. They gave me a deadline of July 6th to accept so maybe another round of offers will go out then? 

Good luck! 

Congrats! Honestly thanks for keeping us updated. It's really reassuring to know that people are getting in/things are moving and I'm glad we're all in this boat together! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...