Premed 101 Forums

19 hours ago, otplsacceptme said:

I'm a little late to the party but congratulations!! :D I noticed you were accepted at both Western and now UofA –– are you going to accept UofA > Western??

Thanks so much! 

I accepted UofA’s offer because I have family in Alberta and it’s closer to BC so I can bring my car/move by car, yadda yadda :) 

Hi team! I emailed about waitlist movement yesterday and I think I got an automated response back, saying that there has been slower than average movement this year and that they have approx moved 10-20 people off the waitlist. 

I think it’s automated because the email was formulated just like the initial waitlist email, and they didn’t answer the question I had regarding my application sooo yah 

6 minutes ago, ot20222222 said:

Hi team! I emailed about waitlist movement yesterday and I think I got an automated response back, saying that there has been slower than average movement this year and that they have approx moved 10-20 people off the waitlist. 

I think it’s automated because the email was formulated just like the initial waitlist email, and they didn’t answer the question I had regarding my application sooo yah 

Yes, I received the same email.

3 hours ago, ot20222222 said:

Hey team! I got off the waitlist today at 1:30pm MST, so there is still movement happening!

Wishing you all the best and don't be discouraged, this was literally my fifth time applying! 

Also my stats if it is at all helpful: 3.84, fourth Casper, heavy on experience and strong reference letters. 

Were you on the top section of the waitlist?

Hey all! 

I also got notified that I got off the waitlist yesterday around the same time (1:40pm)! So I don't know if that's a good sign that there's more movement for those still on the waitlist *fingers crossed* I was really loosing hope since UofA just sent out that email saying there has only been 10-20 people moved off the waitlist. I will be accepting my offer since I only got waitlist offers at UofA! Excited to see some of you there. 

Also stats for reference: I was in the top section of the waitlist (guessing I was around spot ~22ish) with a 3.77 sub gpa (my last semester raised that to like a 3.8ish but idk if final transcripts played a role in moving along the waitlist) and a 3.5 overall gpa (I was someone who applied worried that my gpa wasn't high enough but I think that shows that experience/written responses count for something). I was 4th quartile in Casper and I would say my references were fairly strong. I also had a fairly broad resume (not a whole lot of volunteer hours but enough spread among difference organizations). I was really worried because I did not do the best in one of my anatomy classes (B-) but the other prerequisite classes I had good marks (A/A-). 

Good luck to everyone still applying! I know its rough out there but wishing you all the best!

Hi all!!!!

I got notified that I got off the waitlist today (3:03pm MST). So movement is still going on!! I assume I'm around the 25-30 range (top of the waitlist). I am accepting my offer but am still deciding if I want to go to Queen's. If anyone has any insight between the two, please let me know!!!

Stats: 3.73~ ish GPA. Including final semester (3.77?). 4th quartile Casper! References are alright imo, but my experience was heavily focused on mental health (crisis text line, peer support). I also didn't do the best in anatomy/physiology (B~). Lastly I'm also in-province!

All the best to you all still on the waitlist <3 

Hey guys! 
I got off the waitlist today 1:22PM MST!!! I was also at the top section of the waitlist, and I am going to accept my offer.

My stats were 3.75GPA, 4th quartile casper, average references, experiences were average too (Kin practicum, life enrichment coordinator practicum, volunteer with individuals living with impairments). In-province applicant!

Honestly I had just planned to apply again next year since the program seemed to be full already, but don’t lose hope! Good luck y’all

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 12:57 PM, otplsss said:

Congrats!! I’m curious as to why I haven’t moved off the waitlist since I’ve been in the top since the beginning :( 

Thank you!! And wow really? You should definitely try calling or emailing this week to inquire, thats so unfair! Did you submit your final transcripts by the deadline?

15 hours ago, happy12345 said:

Thank you!! And wow really? You should definitely try calling or emailing this week to inquire, thats so unfair! Did you submit your final transcripts by the deadline?

I definitely will! And yes I did :/ congrats again!! Really hoping I’ll hear something soon. 

9 hours ago, otplsss said:

Congratulations!! May I ask what section of the waitlist you were in ? 

Thank you! I was in the middle of the waitlist and I honestly thought I wouldn't get in and was very shocked to find out that I got accepted. My guess is that people who applied at multiple schools are also hearing back last minute and are now declining their offer at UofA so waitlist offers are trickling in. Hope you hear back soon too! :) 

On 8/6/2022 at 11:57 AM, otplsss said:

Congrats!! I’m curious as to why I haven’t moved off the waitlist since I’ve been in the top since the beginning :( 

Congrats to everyone! Me too.. I'm confused how people on the middle of the waitlist have been accepted but been on the top since the beginning and nothing :(

On 8/12/2022 at 10:43 AM, OTBC23 said:

Congrats to everyone! Me too.. I'm confused how people on the middle of the waitlist have been accepted but been on the top since the beginning and nothing :(

Hey! I just heard back on Friday. I really hope you hear something soon!! Maybe they’re sending the emails out of order? Keeping my fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...