Premed 101 Forums

2022 cycle refused pre-interview rankings

mdot

On 7/10/2022 at 12:46 PM, mdot said:

Hi!

For us refused pre-interview folks, did any of you get your ranking yet?

I know a few who have received theirs already despite all of us requesting it on the same day.

Hi :) 

I didn't receive mine yet and I don't think everyone requested it on the same day.

On 7/19/2022 at 1:05 PM, Med89 said:

Hey :) I did receive mine yesterday! 

Thanks please let us know when you requested your ranking. 

I emailed the adcom and they said they are going through the request in order until the end of Aug. So hopefully everyone will receive theirs. 

I think I requested the ranking as soon as I got the link in Jan, but still have not received it. I didn't have a problem with receiving my ranking email last year, but I wonder if a problem like that with my email may develop??

On 7/20/2022 at 1:50 PM, youtalkintome? said:

Thanks please let us know when you requested your ranking. 

I emailed the adcom and they said they are going through the request in order until the end of Aug. So hopefully everyone will receive theirs. 

I think I requested the ranking as soon as I got the link in Jan, but still have not received it. I didn't have a problem with receiving my ranking email last year, but I wonder if a problem like that with my email may develop??

I think I requested the same day as I received my refusal.

2 hours ago, youtalkintome? said:

Thanks for your answer. 

Does anyone remember if they got an email receipt when they submitted their request for the ranking?

I don't recall receiving an email after requesting my ranking. I hope you'll get yours soon :)

• 4 weeks later...

@MapleKiwiIn the stats table, there is an asterisk beside the "invited for interviews":

* Global total interviewed for the Quebec, Canadian, and International residency categories also includes any special cohort or joint program candidates interviewed who belong to that residency category.

That might explain it.

If you want to really know you can probably ask directly! And keep us posted please if you do!!

8 hours ago, MapleKiwi said:

I just got my final ranking (198 out of 1139 for the QC University cohort Prescreen step). I have been waitlisted pre interview this 2022 cycle, and did not land an interview spot. However Mcgill stats states that 243 candidates were invited for interview after this step.

In this context, I am wondering if the 243 candidates also includes the pre-interview waitlist? This would mean that a maximum of 190ish candidates were actually interviewed this cycle, far less than they state in the 2022 cycle stats.

can you take a screen shot of it? i'm curious what the numbers are

@MapleKiwi, yes, a ranking under 200 is probably necessary... I wish they would publish the numbers for each pathways instead of just putting an asterisk with an explanation, so people can decide if they will reapply or not based on the real numbers in the pathways... I thought I was not too far from an interview invitation with my ranking for the last cycle but I realized I am far from it when I saw your ranking info!