Premed 101 Forums

Is Australia undergrad medicine easier to get in vs graduate? Or is it still tough?

I'm not applying to Uni Melbourne or Sydney or anyone of those super competitive ones. 

I am only applying to undergraduate schools because I haven't completed my degree yet. I currently have a 3.7 average but NON SCIENCE major (does non science affect chance?) the thing is undergraduate schools only require high school classes like Gr 12 chem , bio etc. 

I was told I was in the competitive range by OzTREKK but that doesn't really mean I will get admission. 

Do I have a chance at schools like Macquarie 5 year joint med program, Griffith, James Cook, UWA etc. ? 

Do you know anyone else's stats that got into Australia? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Aussie grad here. 

i'm not familiar with undergrad med but like Edict said, with those stats you shouldn't have much trouble.

If Oztrekk says you're in competitive range, you'll most likely get in. Non-science major shouldn't matter. Why not try graduate entry tho? 

Only caveat is that because of COVID, there seems to be a backlog of students and I heard that some Aussie schools can require ridiculous stats nowadays (>515 MCAT...etc). Go with what Oztrekk says tho.