Premed 101 Forums

2nd degree (TMU/Ryerson)

Hello all,

I am starting a second undergrad at Toronto Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson) - the 2year program in public health. I am hoping to increase my GPA, to hopefully apply to medicine after the program.

I am sure others may have done this degree for the same reason? How was your experience? Is it possible to maintain a high average in this program?

Thanks,

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I am currently a nursing student in BscN in my last semester and my GPA is 3.1. I can get into a Master of Public Health but would a 2 year undergrad in PH at TMU be better than Master? Since most med schools in Ontario accept undergraduate GPA but most don't accept graduate program GPA? 

On 12/11/2022 at 9:26 PM, hopeful524 said:

I am in this program now, it's quite doable. Just keep in mind that the Western wGPA requirements may not be met with this program. I tried emailing them but to no avail. If you ever need any specific tips about classes/profs, DM me. Happy to help!

Hi, I was wondering if you would able to apply to med school in your first year of this program and if schools would accept this? did you find any info regarding Western as well?

Thank you