Premed 101 Forums

TFI validity

Pickle123

30 minutes ago, Pickle123 said:

Good morning! I'm applying to université de Montréal for optometry and I'm confused by the website. Is my TFI score valid for this cycle? I know its no longer being offered but I'm confused by the wording on their website. Thank you!

Hey ! I took a look as well and I admit it is not very clear. From what I understand, if you are looking to be accepted in a program that begins in January 2023 or onwards (in your case September 2023), the TFI will no longer be considered valid. I would recommend contacting the TGDE of the program for clarification: tgde@opto.umontreal.ca

Best of luck !

1 minute ago, Zest said:

Hey ! I took a look as well and I admit it is not very clear. From what I understand, if you are looking to be accepted in a program that begins in January 2023 or onwards (in your case September 2023), the TFI will no longer be considered valid. I would recommend contacting the TGDE of the program for clarification: tgde@opto.umontreal.ca

Best of luck !

Thanks! Do you know if you can take it after you've been admitted or if it's due at the November 1st deadline?

Just now, Pickle123 said:

Thanks! Do you know if you can take it after you've been admitted or if it's due at the November 1st deadline?

I believe you can take it after the November 1st deadline ! Once you apply you will get a notice on the Centre Étudiant with the different documentations you need to provide to complete your admission file. They will ask for your proof of French language certificate there along with a due date to submit. I would double check if this has changes though since the November deadline is coming up quick !