Premed 101 Forums

1st quartile CASPER success stories??

So apparently I'm a psychopath according to CASPER. Literally scored in the 1st quartile. Honestly, I have no idea where I went wrong cause obviously they don't give any feedback. And unfortunately I can't retake until the next application cycle. Just wondering if anyone has gotten into a dental school after scoring in the 1st quartile cause I'm this close to giving up.

I'm planning on applying to Western and UofT

Thanks in advance, from a psychopath apparently

3 hours ago, Justjocy said:

So apparently I'm a psychopath according to CASPER. Literally scored in the 1st quartile. Honestly, I have no idea where I went wrong cause obviously they don't give any feedback. And unfortunately I can't retake until the next application cycle. Just wondering if anyone has gotten into a dental school after scoring in the 1st quartile cause I'm this close to giving up.

I'm planning on applying to Western and UofT

Thanks in advance, from a psychopath apparently

Please don't view it that way because casper is merely a test! Many things could have contributed to your rank like lack of preparation (life retrospect), a stressful environment to take the test, typing speed, etc. The good news is that those things can be managed for a next casper take and hopefully it gives you better chances for dental school. 

I encourage you to reflect on what happened on your casper day. Were you too stressed? maybe focus on stress management on your next try. Did you reflect on your past experiences prior to taking the test? If not, it's normal to be caught by surprised when asked about them. How did you prepare for the test? 

So many factors could affect your scores and do not by any means define your personality or your ability to practice. I have a friend that scored in the 2nd percentile but still is a (very) solid medical student now.