Premed 101 Forums

Mentorship Opportunity for those Interested in Medicine

Hey everyone,

Mapping Roads to Medicine (MR2M) is proud to announce the start of its Mentorship Program!

MR2M is the first pan-Canadian initiative established to guide individuals intrigued by medicine. As a bridge between the pre-medical and medical communities, our mission is to facilitate genuine and lifelong mentorship, as well as to foster support and sense of community for such individuals, provided by a network of Canadian medical students, clinicians, and physicians.

Our Mentorship Program is a new initiative whereby 1 Canadian medical student, resident or staff physician is paired with up to 4 "pre-medical" individuals who are thinking of applying to medical school and looking for guidance and support.

If you are an undergraduate student or an individual who is interested in learning more about the field of medicine and the pathway to becoming a physician in Canada, please fill out this very short form and we will be in touch with you via e-mail:  http://bit.ly/MR2M_mentee

Thanks for your interest!

309271277_176165461660317_77938243203688

Hi there @Neurophiliac, I recall your journey from previous posts years ago and congrats.

I'm also involved in different mentorship organizations and I'm wondering what the difference is in this one... lately I'm just seeing lots of these recently. I don't mean this as a slight but I'm just wondering if this is redundant. 

Looking forward to your response. 

- G 

Thanks for the comment and fair question.  Mapping Roads to Medicine is a national approach to supporting anyone thinking of pursuing medicine as a career. With that in mind, our mentorship initiative is about connecting mentors with mentees from all over the country, which we believe is a unique opportunity for those keen to be involved. Having mentors of my own, I personally think that mentorship is a very rewarding experience and can be quite beneficial for both parties — there seems to be a lot of demand for it too, so the more the supply, the merrier :).

2 hours ago, Neurophiliac said:

Thanks for the comment and fair question.  Mapping Roads to Medicine is a national approach to supporting anyone thinking of pursuing medicine as a career. With that in mind, our mentorship initiative is about connecting mentors with mentees from all over the country, which we believe is a unique opportunity for those keen to be involved. Having mentors of my own, I personally think that mentorship is a very rewarding experience and can be quite beneficial for both parties — there seems to be a lot of demand for it too, so the more the supply, the merrier :).

Thank you for your response!

Ballpark... how many people are involved so far and how many students/mentees are involved across the country? 

Flexibility? Frequency of meetings? Duration of each meeting? Pre-prepared topics vs free flow? 

Other opportunities within the organization in addition to mentorship? 

Thanks and take care, 

- G 

48 minutes ago, GH0ST said:

Thank you for your response!

Ballpark... how many people are involved so far and how many students/mentees are involved across the country? 

Flexibility? Frequency of meetings? Duration of each meeting? Pre-prepared topics vs free flow? 

Other opportunities within the organization in addition to mentorship? 

Thanks and take care, 

- G 

Happy to PM you if you’re interested.