Premed 101 Forums

Worried about a mistake on my NAQ… could this jeopardize my application?

For one of my research entries I wrote that “I conducted a systematic review…”

it turns out that I mixed up systematic review and literature review and I should’ve written “I conducted a literature review” instead.

Although my verifier hasn’t said anything to me about this, I am worried that if they tell ubc I didn’t do a systematic review and I did a lit review instead my app will get flagged for lying and I’ll get disqualified. 

does this seem like a big red flag to you guys or is it a simple error?

I am a life sci researcher and to me systemic vs literature review doesn't sound extremely different. You could argue your literature review is systemic, so I don't think anyone would think you are lying just based on a word. And frankly verifier is usually not that picky about it. Even if they do, they probably would reach out to you first rather than directly tell UBC you are lying, unless you guys have a bad relationship or sth. 

but to be safe as suggested you can reach out to your verifier to explain it first. I wouldn't worry too much about it.