Premed 101 Forums

Do Canadian med schools look at grades from courses taken after graduating?

I am currently in my masters program and recently graduated from undergrad. I am thinking of taking physics while completing my masters so I can apply to more schools. Would schools (especially Ontario schools but also any in Canada or US) look at the grades from the physics courses since I am taking them post-undergrad? I would be registering in the undergrad courses through my graduate unit. Can I get away with minimum grades to just pass the course or does GPA matter? 

2 hours ago, melmel123 said:

Would schools (especially Ontario schools but also any in Canada or US) look at the grades from the physics courses since I am taking them post-undergrad?

Yes. You must submit transcripts for all courses taken. How they use it in their calculation will vary by school, but Mac for example will just throw it in with every other undergrad course you've done.

2 hours ago, melmel123 said:

Can I get away with minimum grades to just pass the course or does GPA matter? 

Generally no, the GPA will be included in your cumulative GPA just like any course so a poor grade will drop your undergrad GPA.