Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Medicine Invite/Regrets 2022-2023

Last year the interview invites were sent around mid-January, so now seems like the perfect opportunity to make this post and send everybody's blood pressures skyrocketing!

Here's the template for everyone :)

Result (Invite/Regrets):

Time Stamp: 
wGPA:
Year: 

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 

CASPER (Quartile):
ECs: 
Geography (IP/OOP): 

• 2 weeks later...

Result (Invite/Regrets): Regrets :(

Time Stamp: 4:40pm Jan 24 2023
wGPA: 3.95
Year: Bachelor (Health Care Professional)

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 514 (128 /128 / 129 / 129)

CASPER (Quartile): 4th (probably high because I got an interview at McMaster)
ECs: Non-traditional applicant with many years of patient care in Canada and abroad, management, healthcare teaching, and leadership experience, awards, etc.

Geography (IP/OOP): IP

Applying to Queens' Family MD Program: Yes

On 1/9/2023 at 10:29 PM, letmeinLETMEIN said:

Last year the interview invites were sent around mid-January, so now seems like the perfect opportunity to make this post and send everybody's blood pressures skyrocketing!

Here's the template for everyone :)

Result (Invite/Regrets):

Time Stamp: 
wGPA:
Year: 

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 

CASPER (Quartile):
ECs: 
Geography (IP/OOP): 

Hello all!

As you answer the questions above, please also indicate if you sent the letter of intent to apply to the Queens' Family MD Program. I am just curious if anyone applying for the Family MD Program is also being invited to interview for the regular stream. Thank you!

1 hour ago, PreMed Ottawa said:

Hello all!

As you answer the questions above, please also indicate if you sent the letter of intent to apply to the Queens' Family MD Program. I am just curious if anyone applying for the Family MD Program is also being invited to interview for the regular stream. Thank you!

Is the Family MD Program doing their own interviews?

I have had a hard time sorting out how exactly this is all going down with the Family MD Program.

12 minutes ago, jj-carpenter said:

Is the Family MD Program doing their own interviews?

I have had a hard time sorting out how exactly this is all going down with the Family MD Program.

On their workshops they said that someone could be invited to interview for one, both, or none of their 2 programs... I would like to know if anyone has been invited to both. :)

3 minutes ago, PreMed Ottawa said:

On their workshops they said that someone could be invited to interview for one, both, or none of their 2 programs... I would like to know if anyone has been invited to both. :)

They also said that the people who were interested in applying to the Family MD Program, would receive more instructions this week. We need to send a personal statement and also 3 referees need to fill out an additional confidential form. After they review all these documents, they will send pannel interview invitations to the people they chose. This stream will skip the MMI.

Just now, PreMed Ottawa said:

They also said that the people who were interested in applying to the Family MD Program, would receive more instructions this week. We need to send a personal statement and also 3 referees need to fill out an additional confidential form. After they review all these documents, they will send interview invitations to the people they chose. This stream will skip the MMI.

Thanks for the info!

17 hours ago, airhead11 said:

Result (Invite/Regrets): the big ol' R

Time Stamp: 4:40pm Jan 24 2023
wGPA: 3.74
Year: Masters complete

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 128 127 130 129

CASPER (Quartile): 4th
ECs: typical
Geography (IP/OOP): IP

idk if I have a chance anywhere lmao but it was worth trying

Hi there! I also got a rejection yesterday and I am wondering if you sent the letter of intent to apply to their Family MD program. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, PreMed Ottawa said:

Hi there! I also got a rejection yesterday and I am wondering if you sent the letter of intent to apply to their Family MD program. Thanks.

ayy, with your stats I am honestly so shook that you got a reject too. getting an interview at mac is huge though, congrats !!

I do plan on applying to the Family MD program and did send a letter of intent when I first heard about the program (didn't include this in my post because I just copy pasted the initial template which didnt have it). Family medicine is what I want to do so I was stoked to hear about the program. I'll update again with news of how that application goes.... lol. Good luck with your application!

29 minutes ago, airhead11 said:

ayy, with your stats I am honestly so shook that you got a reject too. getting an interview at mac is huge though, congrats !!

I do plan on applying to the Family MD program and did send a letter of intent when I first heard about the program (didn't include this in my post because I just copy pasted the initial template which didnt have it). Family medicine is what I want to do so I was stoked to hear about the program. I'll update again with news of how that application goes.... lol. Good luck with your application!

Thank you for your response. I was also surprised that they rejected my application and I'm wondering if they changed their mind and are now rejecting interviewing in the main stream everyone who sent the letter of intent for the Family MD program...

3 hours ago, PreMed Ottawa said:

Thank you for your response. I was also surprised that they rejected my application and I'm wondering if they changed their mind and are now rejecting interviewing in the main stream everyone who sent the letter of intent for the Family MD program...

So sorry to hear that you didn't get an invite. Your stats and EC's are amazing and I'm sure things will work out elsewhere! I have heard of people getting interview invites even after submitting the letter of intent for Fam Med so I don't think that has any impact on their decision.

Result (Invite/Regrets): Regrets 

Time Stamp: Jan 24 2023
wGPA: 3.89
Year: Masters in progress

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 518 (128 CARS)

CASPER (Quartile): 4th
ECs: typical

Applying to Queens' Family MD Program: Yes

surprised but not too surprised :( IP rejections are the hardest

good luck to everyone else!

12 minutes ago, muffintops said:

Result (Invite/Regrets): Regrets 

Time Stamp: Jan 24 2023
wGPA: 3.89
Year: Masters in progress

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 518 (128 CARS)

CASPER (Quartile): 4th
ECs: typical

Applying to Queens' Family MD Program: Yes

surprised but not too surprised :( IP rejections are the hardest

good luck to everyone else!

Wow! You have great stats and a very high MCAT! I can't believe they rejected your application! I am sure you will get an interview elsewhere... :)

7 minutes ago, sweetmedic said:

Has anyone received any updates from the Lakeridge Health Family MD Program? :( I was under the impression that they would reach out to the candidates that submitted an interest form this week! Thank you, and best of luck to everyone! :)

No, I haven't heard from them. Yes, they said they were reaching out to us this week.