Premed 101 Forums

Non traditional Pre Med - Any one like me got in? How can I improve my chances?

Hi everyone! Looking for some realistic feedback here. I am 31y old, mom of 1, currently in a great career in tech as a product manager where I lead teams to create wonderful tech products used by clinicians and patients with the goal of improving patient care. 

Here are some facts about me: 

• I did my undergrad in the UK with a year abroad in the US. My overall cGPA as converted by World Education Services is 3.58. My best 2 years is 3.80. I have all the prereqs covered. (Class of 2012).
  • My GPA dropped in year 2 due a to a special circumstance but I picked it back up in year 3 and ended up with First Class Honors in the UK. 
  • I have an M.Sc. in Biochem from McGill (Class of 2016)
  • I have volunteer experiences in Montreal General Hospital, Trillium Health Partners. 
  • I created a website to help parents who go through pregnancy loss to navigate through this difficult time. 
  • I have over 7 years of experience working in the health care industry working on various apps that either help clinicians do their daily work and improve patient care. 
  • I am aiming to do my MCAT this October. 

Are there any non traditional applicants who had "not so great GPA" . Should I bother with doing MCAT? I would love to go to med school and change my career but with this GPA is it worth it pursuing Ontario based med schools?