Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist support thread 2023

I'm also a first-time IP applicant and got WL. This feels like torture knowing we will have to wait until May 22nd at the earliest to have any movement and won't know if we are definitely rejected by mid-August! 

Looks like ~10-15 IP folks come off the WL each year... fingers crossed we're all one of those lucky ones!

19 hours ago, WaitingTooLong said:

Does anyone know roughly what percentage of IP applicants get off the waitlist historically? 

It's hard to say how many IP specifically come off the waitlist since UBC ranks everyone together and skips over OOP if they've reached the max OOP quota. Over the past 5 years, usually about ~45 people decline their offers total and anywhere from 12-25 of these have been IP.

Don't lose hope! I got off the waitlist two years ago in the first week of July, even after they had told us that we should consider alternate plans. It's a crapshoot out there

19 hours ago, 2FarGone said:

1st time applicant, Waitlisted and I know it’s solely because of my MCAT. Not expecting to get in but still hopeful. Just going to focus on retaking it this summer. All the best everyone!

Hi there! May I ask what your MCAT is or a general range of it? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...