Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Med Waitlist Party 2023

Shall we include seconds too? Does anyone know if the time stamp even matters? When does waitlist typically start moving? Sorry for all the questions, I am quite a neurotic individual. 

WL Timestamp: 8:46 AM EST (gmail says delivered after 1 second when I go to "show original")

Hi everyone! Based on my experience with the waitlist from Ottawa last year, the seconds counted. We had 96 people on an Excell spreadsheet organized by the time the email was generated. The list moved in the exact order we received the emails and about 30 people got in from the list. I hope this helps.

I got waitlisted at Queen's and McMaster but I'm accepting an offer from Western.

Good luck everyone! Even if you don't get in this year, it doesn't mean you should give up! I was very upset about Ottawa last year, specially because the class got full when there were 3 people in front of me! However, Western is a much better option for me because it'smuch closer to my family. :)

You got very far! Keep on going!!!

25 minutes ago, urvi0007 said:

we created a spreadsheet to enter our information if waitlisted! just hoping to get an idea of how many people will be accepting other offers or are on other waitlists. please post if you're comfortable doing so!: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11_OKpBDbOrxeXX7e6ge0a4zGT6_zog8uREc5YZ6Eubw/edit?usp=sharing

Hi there,

Once people add the time the WL email was generated, I suggest organizing the list in that order. Based on my experience, in many schools the WL tends to move in that order. It will help people to know if they are getting close to receiving an offer or not.

Take care and good luck! :)

29 minutes ago, Premed_23 said:

Hi there,

Once people add the time the WL email was generated, I suggest organizing the list in that order. Based on my experience, in many schools the WL tends to move in that order. It will help people to know if they are getting close to receiving an offer or not.

Take care and good luck! :)

I've heard that for Mac it may just be by alphabetical order of last name

CLARIFICATION: The time that the email is generated may be by alphabetical order of last name

Well, I might as well join the party (late)! 

OOP Waitlisted at 8:47am (on May 9)

Does anyone know how much the OOP waitlist moves, compared to IP? I was accepted at UBC (my IP school) and will likely move forward with that... but something about Mac appeals to me too. 

On 5/12/2023 at 12:45 PM, Emabean said:

Well, I might as well join the party (late)! 

OOP Waitlisted at 8:47am (on May 9)

Does anyone know how much the OOP waitlist moves, compared to IP? I was accepted at UBC (my IP school) and will likely move forward with that... but something about Mac appeals to me too. 

Hi there! Congrats on getting an interview invite as an OOP applicant, and your UBC acceptance! Post-interview IP/OOP status does not matter, we are all on one big list. Wishing you the best of luck :)