Accepted/Waitlisted/Regrets: Waitlisted, 3rd Tier

In Province (IP)/ Out of Province (OOP): IP

AGPA (x.xx/4.5): 4.16

MCAT (xx.xx/528): 509

CASPer: 1st Quintile

Rural/Non-Rural:  Full rural 

Advanced Academics (PhD, pubs, academic appointment): None

SES: Multiple 

No feed back on MMI yet but felt like it went better than last year when I was in the middle quintile. Hoping for 2nd quintile.

Good luck, all! Hoping for a lot of movement like last year!

Ahh I should probably post my stats 

Accepted/Waitlisted/Regrets: Waitlisted, 2nd Tier

In Province (IP)/ Out of Province (OOP): IP

AGPA (x.xx/4.5): 4.03

MCAT (xx.xx/528): 512

CASPer: 3rd Quintile

MMI: 2nd quintile 

MMI quintile updated 

Edited by snorlax88
Needed an addition

Copied and pasted off of the main thread.

Accepted/Waitlisted/Regrets: WL, 2T

AGPA (x.xx/4.5): 4.39

MCAT (xx.xx/528): 521

CASPer: 4Q

Rural/Non-Rural:  non-rural 

SES: minimal

Honestly sucks, I thought the MMI wasn't great (like 4/10), but for this result I have to imagine I must have bombed the MMI as the only explanation. Congrats to those w/ A, and GL to my fellow ppl on the WL. 

ngl, after 24hrs I'm already going insane on the WL, this sucks so much man, I think the worst part is this idea that you no longer control your own destiny, whatever happens depends on the actions of others. 

24 minutes ago, guanm said:

Copied and pasted off of the main thread.

Accepted/Waitlisted/Regrets: WL, 2T

AGPA (x.xx/4.5): 4.39

MCAT (xx.xx/528): 521

CASPer: 4Q

Rural/Non-Rural:  non-rural 

SES: minimal

Honestly sucks, I thought the MMI wasn't great (like 4/10), but for this result I have to imagine I must have bombed the MMI as the only explanation. Congrats to those w/ A, and GL to my fellow ppl on the WL. 

ngl, after 24hrs I'm already going insane on the WL, this sucks so much man, I think the worst part is this idea that you no longer control your own destiny, whatever happens depends on the actions of others. 

I feel ya man! I was up all night last night ruminating on this. Based on your stats I feel like you’re probably higher up on tier 2 so don’t lose hope! Also last year people were getting off tier 2 early as may 28th so I am hoping the same this year! 

I’m in for the ride on the Waitlist train (2nd tier) as well! I’m optimistic that things are gonna get moving in a couple of weeks and we will be seeing some happy messages dropped in the chat about acceptances as we head into the summer. Not ideal to still be unsure what the future is looking like but a lot of people got declined yesterday so we are all lucky to be in this chat! Also very happy to be able to connect with some people who also share my apprehension and anxiety surrounding the current status of our med school applications lol 

On 5/11/2023 at 2:09 PM, glue said:

Great idea! Thanks for making this year's thread. Here are my stats:

Accepted/Waitlisted/Regrets: Waitlisted, 3rd Tier

AGPA (x.xx/4.5): 4.16

MCAT (xx.xx/528): 509

No feed back on MMI yet but felt like it went better than last year when I was in the middle quintile. Hoping for 2nd quintile.

Good luck, all! Hoping for a lot of movement like last year!

Do they provide feedback on how we did on the interview? Do we have to request that information from admissions? 

14 minutes ago, The_Hamburgler said:

Do they provide feedback on how we did on the interview? Do we have to request that information from admissions? 

I went back to look at the video from the January admissions info session since I knew Elizabeth spoke about waitlists and feedback. From what I gathered is Waitlisters and those who got an R will receive a summary of their application showing our quintiles compared to other candidates. I think they release this a week or 2 after results. An in person feed back session will be offered. Should be outlined on how to do that in the next email with our summaries I believe. 

7 minutes ago, snorlax88 said:

I went back to look at the video from the January admissions info session since I knew Elizabeth spoke about waitlists and feedback. From what I gathered is Waitlisters and those who got an R will receive a summary of their application showing our quintiles compared to other candidates. I think they release this a week or 2 after results. An in person feed back session will be offered. Should be outlined on how to do that in the next email with our summaries I believe. 

Wicked, thanks for clarifying I appreciate it 

Reposting what I had in the other forum to this one! 

AGPA (x.xx/4.5): 4.3

MCAT (xx.xx/528): 505

MMI: 1st Quintile

SES: None

I edited my post and added my Mmi and Casper ratings based on the info U of M sent out. 

11 hours ago, snorlax88 said:

No prob! The reassuring thing is that if truly each tier contains 5 candidates each then 4/5 of them are on this chat! So I will be critical for all of us to keep each other updated. We got this! 

Is it common knowledge that there are only 5 per tier? Was that mentioned in one of the information sessions? I had no idea how many people were in each grouping but if that’s the case then that does indeed give me hope for us! 

34 minutes ago, The_Hamburgler said:

Is it common knowledge that there are only 5 per tier? Was that mentioned in one of the information sessions? I had no idea how many people were in each grouping but if that’s the case then that does indeed give me hope for us! 

No it was never publicly announced during the info sessions. I believe this has been the general consensus based on previous trends from these forums. It would explain why everyone gets off tier 1. 

1 hour ago, Bakfowgab said:

I’m waitlisted 2nd tier as well, so it seems like there are more than 5 people per tier. I saw another post that said there are 10 people per tier (that was from 2013 though, so it may no longer be accurate).

Ahh okay so 6 of us so far. If you don’t mind, could share your stats. All good if you don’t want to disclose :) 

21 hours ago, snorlax88 said:

Ahh okay so 6 of us so far. If you don’t mind, could share your stats. All good if you don’t want to disclose :) 

In Province (IP)/ Out of Province (OOP): IP

AGPA (x.xx/4.5): 4.08

MCAT (xx.xx/528): 515

CASPer: 1st quintile

MMI: 4th quintile

Rural/Non-Rural:  Non rural

SES: very little

Hey all, 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I was also waitlisted T2 - looks like 7 of us so far in this thread. 

I had an idea of how we can get a sense of where we are in the tiers using the quintiles we recently were emailed. 

If you multiple your quartile score by its respective composite score weight (eg. AGPA = 0.15 ( ___ quartile) and add all of the categories up, we should be able to get a rough idea of our composite scores. 

Heres the full formula: Composite score = ( 0.15 ( __ AGPA quartile)) + (0.4 ( __ MCAT quartile)) + (0.35 ( __ MMI quartile)) + (0.10 ( __ Casper quartile)) 

Bear in mind, that a lower score is better and that coefficients are not considered so add if you have any. 

Mine is = 2.7 with little coefficients 

I'm on tier 1, and I calculated my score to be a 2.55 but this doesn't include coefficients. I have a rural coefficient of 40, so would I multiply this by 0.4? And I don't know the numeric value of my diversity coefficient, it just says "yes" in the table.

17 minutes ago, MDtrying said:

Hey all, 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I was also waitlisted T2 - looks like 7 of us so far in this thread. 

I had an idea of how we can get a sense of where we are in the tiers using the quintiles we recently were emailed. 

If you multiple your quartile score by its respective composite score weight (eg. AGPA = 0.15 ( ___ quartile) and add all of the categories up, we should be able to get a rough idea of our composite scores. 

Heres the full formula: Composite score = ( 0.15 ( __ AGPA quartile)) + (0.4 ( __ MCAT quartile)) + (0.35 ( __ MMI quartile)) + (0.10 ( __ Casper quartile)) 

Bear in mind, that a lower score is better and that coefficients are not considered so add if you have any. 

Mine is = 2.7 with little coefficients 

Ahh dang.. so maybe it is 10 per tier. I wonder if it’s higher this year with increase seat size. My value is 2.8 with full rural and multiple SES 

not sure where that would put me with my SES 

Just now, mmn1 said:

I'm on tier 1, and I calculated my score to be a 2.55 but this doesn't include coefficients. I have a rural coefficient of 40, so would I multiply this by 0.4? And I don't know the numeric value of my diversity coefficient, it just says "yes" in the table.

How do you know your rural coefficient is 40?

1 minute ago, mmn1 said:

No, I don't think the coefficient would not be that high. I don't think we actually know how heavy they weigh, but its good to keep in mind that its there.