Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Result: Waitlisted 

Early or Regular Deadline: Regular
AGPA: 86.4
MCAT: 511

Year: 
ECs: non-traditional, long term and diverse
Geography: IP
Interview: I felt like I didn't bomb any of the stations, felt great about some and okay about others.

Timestamp: 11:56 PST

Accepted VFMP (1st Choice)

AGPA: ~92.5%
MCAT: 519 

Year: 3rd Year
ECs: Felt like I could have done a lot more -> Had more empty entries than I wanted. I still had a moderate variety of volunteering, leadership, and hobbies/interests though with hundreds of hours in each. 
Interview: Around 3 where I was very pleased with my performance, 3 that I felt were average to below average, and the rest in between.

Looking forward to meeting you some of you come this August! It'll be an exciting time for all of us!!!

Timestamp: 11:56 PST

Result: Accepted - VFMP (1st choice :) )

AGPA: 83ish
MCAT: 522 - 131/131/130/130

Year: B.A. 2013 + 2 years sciences
ECs: Definitely what got me the interview. I have had 13 jobs dating back to when I was 15, one of which was quite impressive and I got a phenomenal reference from. I also was heavily involved in the arts for quite a while and I definitely had a lot to show that I have leadership qualities. I also think it was pretty important that I included 3 significant life history items that were very stressful/unique. It can feel awkward using that kind of thing, but I feel it's very legitimate because it directly relates to who I plan to be as a physician (omg I'm going to be one of those). 
Interview: To be honest, after the interview I thought I was going to get in. Several stations were on topics that I am passionate about and have discussed with friends many times.

To all of the non-trads out there, I feel you. It takes a lot time to get everything together to be on this path, and low GPAs etc etc can really make you feel inadequate. My biggest piece of advice is to own your narrative and make it clear in your application; UBC makes this really possible so try to tell them who you are! I am really proud of myself, and I'm so looking forward to meeting you all. For everyone who was rejected, please know that admissions committees do not get to determine your worth, and that we are all in this together. I was rejected flat out from every other school, so I am just so grateful and very aware of the randomness of this process.  

Timestamp: 3 PM EST (12 PST)

Result: Accepted - VFMP (1st choice )

AGPA: 89.7
MCAT: 515- 127/128/131/129

Year: B.Sc 2017, first year in a non healthcare professional program
ECs: A good chunk of generic premed stuff (60-70%) and some stuff that the typical premed would not likely have via my past co-op program, opportunities provided by my professional degree. Check my 2017 post history for more details.
Interview: I didn't think I was going to get in. 3 of my stations were very below average relative to my normal performance (in one, I forgot a detail that made it look as if I was almost lying and had to reread the prompt in front of the interviewer, in another I had to ask an interviewer to repeat the question like 2 times to the extent he seemed visibly frustrated.. these experiences still haunt me to this day). 4 were maybe above average and the rest were ok. In any case, this was my worst performance among all 3 interviews I had.

In 2017, I had an NAQ of 18 and AQ of 30. I didnt dramatically change the number of experiences I had, but I changed my writing style and targetted things I imagined a reviewer would want to see. Keeping the same AQ score, I was able to get an interview through drastic revamping.
The same year, I got rejected from both Calgary and UofT post interviews. For Calgary, my interview was ranked in the 20th percentile. Between these two years, I matured, became better at articulating ideas and forced myself into uncomfortable situations to develop my ability to respond to different anxieties.
In 2018, I had not a single interview.
This year I had 3. 

This was my 3rd application cycle and last try before committing to myself to my new degree. If I were to have any advice to future applicants, it would be that improvement is always possible- its a matter of finding your weaker areas and addressing them. Furthermore, don't (or try not to) let medicine delay your life. I spent two years in limbo without any career progression, and although doing a professional program while applying has its major drawbacks, I think this was the best decision I've made to date. 

Well I'm just going to go ahead and post this, likely my final post on this site with an account from 2012 lol. 

Result: Rejected

Timestamp: I don't want to look at it again LOL
AGPA: 85.1%
MCAT: 513- 128/126/129/130
NAQ: 34.11
TFR: 56.60
Interview: Below average
Year: BSC. 2015
Geography: IP 

This is my 4th application and 2nd interview. 

Interview:

I thought it went really well. I was confident, calm, and professional. I felt 4 stations went excellent, 4 were good and 2 could have been better (maybe rambled a bit?) but nothing bad. I thought there was potential for a above average score, and I would've been fine with a average score as well, its a step up....but I never thought I'd get below average. Everyone I practiced with, including doctors, residents, other applicants and medical students I practiced with extensively...are shocked. I did roughly 250-300 hours of actual practice with these people and 20-30 hours of research on my own and in groups on topics we thought would come up in the interview, and they did, and i was very well prepared. 

I've reflected on it and I have no idea how this could've been possible. My only explanation is that I simply do not have the demeanor or personality they are looking for. The fact is that I am not an extroverted super outgoing and talkative person. I cannot smile while I speak and I cannot speak as eloquently as others. 
I cannot be someone I am not, I am simply me. I cannot pretend to be Mr. mega extrovert who goes skiing every weekend while slurping coffee and his Facebook is filled with rock climbing photos with friends and laughs HAHAHAHA at every god damn thing for no reason with perfect white teeth. This is what they want or at least someone who can pretend to be this person. Although I did laugh with the interviewers and two even complimented me and I really connected with them...I still got a below average interview. There is an inherent bias in this process in being a likable person at first impression and I am probably not that person. At least based on my reflections so far, I cannot fathom another reason why I got below average. If I only knew why, I would do my best to improve but I do not so this is my conclusion based on the little data I am given. I know two other people with similar personalities and demeanor as myself, with 90%+ gpa and 515+ mcats that have been rejected over 4 times post interview...and guess what...they have very similar personalities to mine and their interviewing is actually excellent in organization and content in my opinion and those of others. Oh and despite hundreds of hours of volunteering added since my previous interview 2 years ago, and several new positions and projects i've been working on....my NAQ remains the same. I mean this is getting pretty stupid. 

So although I will apply again (since there's nothing to really lose at this point), this is over. There's no hope left and I know when to give up. I cannot commit like this again practicing that much. I need to start another career, perhaps I'll do a trade at BCIT. I cannot continue gambling my life away like this every year while everyone else moves on. But realistically I have no idea what I'm going to do.

I'm starting to forget why I wanted to become a doctor in the first place. I gambled and lost, and this gamble certainly was not worth it. I'd never advise anyone i their first year to take this path. I could possibly get in if I keep applying for a few years, my stats are not bad and eventually i might get a hang of being a psychopath who can flip their very being 180 degrees but i wonder if its even worth it. 

I don't blame myself anymore, I don't blame god, I don't blame the interviewers either. I blame the North American Medical school system's broken, outdated and prejudice MMI system. I wonder how many fantastic applicants (which I am not, but my friends who got rejected are) were rejected for potential idiots because they just weren't as sociable. 

After creeping around the forums for years I'm so glad I finally get to post one of these!

Timestamp: 11:56 AM PST

Result: Accepted - VFMP (1st choice )

AGPA: 85.1 (not the strongest so I do feel a bit sheepish seeing some of the incredible stats for some who weren't successful this attempt)
MCAT: 513- 127/129/127/130

Year: 2011 Undergrad. 2013 Masters. Non-traditional student. 
ECs: A lot of work experience and extracurriculars, some typical and others not, but generally long term and service oriented. Coordinated programs for university -level international and refugee students. Coordinated multi-faith programs, did some mentorship programs in uni, danced for three years recreationally, sang in community choirs for 5, involved in student government throughout my undergrad, sat on the boards for 2 non-profits, taught sunday school for 8 years, was a TA during my masters, volunteered and worked at summer camps, volunteered at a retirement home for 2 years, volunteered at an AIDS service organization, did an international medical volunteer trip, currently coordinate a large HIV research study and more.

Geography: IP (but I only moved to BC for my job in 2016)

Interview:  I felt generally good with the interview. I think I put my best foot forward in every room and If I wasn't sure about something I said so. A couple stations tripped me up for sure but that's to be expected. But considering my GPA, I'm thinking my interview along with my references was my saving grace.

This was my 3rd time applying for medical school and first time at UBC and first interview. The past application cycle was harrowing as I only applied to UBC knowing full well how risky it was to put all my eggs in one basket. But I also understood that it was realistically my best shot given my GPA. From being an international student struggling with being away from home among other things, failing a course, having to work 3 jobs during my masters because of international fees and taking almost any job that came my way so I could make ends meet to applying for a job across the country after failing to get a job in Ontario, this has been quite the journey and I'm so glad I finally made it. To anyone doubting themselves, don't. Be realistic about your odds and always strive to improve your stats each cycle. Also do things that you truly enjoy (not things just for your application) because that's where your true potential comes out. And if things aren't exactly what you hope for them to be, that's okay. Bloom where you are planted...the world has a way of working to fit around you.

Congratulations to everyone who made it and can't wait to meet you all later this year!!

Edited by Baridrone

Result: Accepted (VFMP)

Timestamp: 11:56 am PST
AGPA: ~87% 
MCAT: 509
Year: Hons. BSc. 2018

Interview: I thought it went well overall, but it was definitely not exactly what I expected. I had done a lot of preparation, but somehow nothing compares to your actual MMI. It went by so quickly and I had a terrible head cold at the time, so I was sniffling and coughing in between stations! 

As a long time lurker I’m thrilled to be able to finally post this...

Result: Accepted VFMP (1st Choice)

Timestamp: 11:56 AM PST

Early or Regular Deadline: Regular

AGPA: ~90%

MCAT: 516 (128/130/128/129)

Year: 2017 undergrad. Non-Traditional

This was my 1st application and 1st interview to any medical school

ECs: I was scared this section would be my downfall having completed very little volunteer work during my university and after graduation. I don’t even have any first author publications. That said, I had an excellent employment history (in management and customer service both in and out of the medical field) and still I filled this section up with every tiny thing I could. I talked about my directed study, my musical hobbies, my sport hobbies, even the fact that I like to watch improv shows on weekends! I did this because I think it’s important you show them who you are, to demonstrate your ability to cope with life, regardless how ‘unimportant’ each entry may seem. I also made sure to supply excellent references that knew me well, and wanted to see me succeed.

Interview: I had fun with my interview and did not over prepare. I treated each room as a conversation and even managed to make a few interviewers laugh (and cry!). My “break” came as my very last room so I got to just relax for the final 7 minutes which was nice, but also meant I had no break between my 10 rooms. Unexpectedly, I had to declare a conflict of interest afterwards because I knew one of my interviewers; I was unsure how that would affect my chances, but looks like it didn’t hurt me! Anyways, like all of you I doubted myself for months after my interview, overthinking my replies but this was in retrospect a huge waste of energy.

My best advice to those applying next year is unusual, but important: don't let yourself take life too seriously. Don't get caught up in defining yourself as a "pre-med." Let yourself grow as a person in other ways during the time you are preparing because if you are not ready for med school when you apply, it will show. Get a good job, build strong relationships with employers, find hobbies, and work hard. But most importantly enjoy your life and have fun. Remember, you have lots of time to succeed.

This is my second time applying, and interviewing, for med school at UBC. It feels good to finally post this! 

Result: Accepted at Island Medical Program

AGPA: 93-94%
MCAT: 526

Year: Finished undergrad in April 2018, working since. 
ECs: Pretty decent. 700+ hours of hospital volunteering, 4 different jobs, several research projects, and a smattering of other volunteering and leadership positions.
Interview: I felt like I had a very good rapport with 3 or 4 of the interviewers and was actually able to smile, laugh and have a good conversation with them. Some of the others were really iffy and were more awkward. 

•  

First Med school app!

Result: Accepted (VFMP)

Timestamp: 11:57 am PST
AGPA: ~90-91%
MCAT: 515
Year: Hons. BSc. 2018

Interview: Honestly I prepped a lot for this interview but left feeling a bit uneasy. It was my first ever MMI so it was hard to compare it to anything but I felt that about 6-7 stations went well, 1-2 went okay and the rest were kinda poor (in my opinion). Writing station was great. It was difficult to not be critical of myself but I feel like I probably did better than I thought I did!

TIME STAMP: 11:56
Result: Accepted at VFMP!!!!
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~90
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 513. 128/130/126/129
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):  B.Sc
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP

Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.):

Verrrrrrry non-traditional...competitive athlete, older first-time applicant, all part-time years in my degree so I had to write an academic explanation essay. Full-ride academic scholarship for my undergrad, leadership roles in international sport organizations, volunteer hours for a few charities, public speaking, a lot of diverse life and health experiences. I included really random things like growing up in a foreign country, and putting myself through exposure therapy for a needle phobia. I guessed they liked it. I haven’t done any of the traditional ECs like hospital volunteering, working with seniors, club presidents, lab work. Follow your passions, not who you think med school is hoping you’re going to be. 

Interviews: Honestly, it felt like garbage. I’ve overanalyzed it in my brain for 3 months now. 

Did not think I would ever post something good here... Honestly thought I had a better shot in Ontario than UBC. Rejected pre-interview from UBC for 3 cycles but interviewed elsewhere. This is my 4th cycle. To those who did not receive ideal news today, please don't give up! 

Timestamp: 11:56 PST

Accepted VFMP (1st Choice)

AGPA: 86.6% (Last year AQ 25)
MCAT: 131/128/132/131 

Year: BSc Hons 2017
ECs: Please see previous posts in the interview offers thread for further details or PM me. 

Clinical research coordinator for 3 years (2 abstracts, 2 papers in the works, all 2nd author), BBT barista for 4 years, cat shelter volunteer for a year, owned a restaurant for a short while, freelance makeup artist since 2012, various minimum wage part-time jobs, since 2009, recreational sports - nothing with achievements of sorts, was VP of a social club in undergrad... not a lot of volunteering tbh. I did fill out the extenuating circumstances box. PM for details or dig through old posts. 

Other than time spent at my CRC job over the last 4 cycles, nothing else changed in my ECs. I just wrote them differently. Was rejected pre-interview in 2015 with NAQ of 21, 2016 with 17, 2017 with 25, and finally probably just made it over the threshold this year with maybe a 27 or so. 
Interview: 

I absolutely bombed 1 station. It was my last one, the interviewer just didn't care anymore, and I focused on the wrong part of the question for too long. Probably did mediocre on 2-3 of them, particularly if I felt like I couldn't relate a personal story to it. Some of the stations were on topics I was already very passionate and had strong opinions on so I had an already thought out answers for. Some stations I just had facts to bring up. It was difficult to really showcase yourself at UBC compared to other schools but I guess that's the challenge. 

I'm happy to chat if anyone wants to know more. Just drop me a PM. 

Will also be looking to hire a replacement for my current job, so if clinical research in a hospital is something you're interested in, and you're in Vancouver, look out for a posting through UBC Careers (external) or PM me.  

5 hours ago, Aryanenzo said:

Well I'm just going to go ahead and post this, likely my final post on this site with an account from 2012 lol. 

Result: Rejected

Timestamp: I don't want to look at it again LOL
AGPA: 85.1%
MCAT: 513- 128/126/129/130
NAQ: 34.11
TFR: 56.60
Interview: Below average
Year: BSC. 2015

This is my 4th application and 2nd interview. 

Interview:

I thought it went really well. I was confident, calm, and professional. I felt 4 stations went excellent, 4 were good and 2 could have been better (maybe rambled a bit?) but nothing bad. I thought there was potential for a above average score, and I would've been fine with a average score as well, its a step up....but I never thought I'd get below average. Everyone I practiced with, including doctors, residents, other applicants and medical students I practiced with extensively...are shocked. I did roughly 250-300 hours of actual practice with these people and 20-30 hours of research on my own and in groups on topics we thought would come up in the interview, and they did, and i was very well prepared. 

I've reflected on it and I have no idea how this could've been possible. My only explanation is that I simply do not have the demeanor or personality they are looking for. The fact is that I am not an extroverted super outgoing and talkative person. I cannot smile while I speak and I cannot speak as eloquently as others. 
I cannot be someone I am not, I am simply me. I cannot pretend to be Mr. mega extrovert who goes skiing every weekend while slurping coffee and his Facebook is filled with rock climbing photos with friends and laughs HAHAHAHA at every god damn thing for no reason with perfect white teeth. This is what they want or at least someone who can pretend to be this person. Although I did laugh with the interviewers and two even complimented me and I really connected with them...I still got a below average interview. There is an inherent bias in this process in being a likable person at first impression and I am probably not that person. At least based on my reflections so far, I cannot fathom another reason why I got below average. If I only knew why, I would do my best to improve but I do not so this is my conclusion based on the little data I am given. I know two other people with similar personalities and demeanor as myself, with 90%+ gpa and 515+ mcats that have been rejected over 4 times post interview...and guess what...they have very similar personalities to mine and their interviewing is actually excellent in organization and content in my opinion and those of others. Oh and despite hundreds of hours of volunteering added since my previous interview 2 years ago, and several new positions and projects i've been working on....my NAQ remains the same. I mean this is getting pretty stupid. 

So although I will apply again (since there's nothing to really lose at this point), this is over. There's no hope left and I know when to give up. I cannot commit like this again practicing that much. I need to start another career, perhaps I'll do a trade at BCIT. I cannot continue gambling my life away like this every year while everyone else moves on. But realistically I have no idea what I'm going to do.

I'm starting to forget why I wanted to become a doctor in the first place. I gambled and lost, and this gamble certainly was not worth it. I'd never advise anyone i their first year to take this path. I could possibly get in if I keep applying for a few years, my stats are not bad and eventually i might get a hang of being a psychopath who can flip their very being 180 degrees but i wonder if its even worth it. 

I don't blame myself anymore, I don't blame god, I don't blame the interviewers either. I blame the North American Medical school system's broken, outdated and prejudice MMI system. I wonder how many fantastic applicants (which I am not, but my friends who got rejected are) were rejected for potential idiots because they just weren't as sociable. 

I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. The process is definitely very draining. Hope that you find success and happiness in the future, wherever that may be!

Result: Accepted VFMP (1st choice)

Timestamp: 11:56 am PST
AGPA: 88% (exactly average for interviewees according to interim stats)
MCAT: 521 (132/130/131/128)
Year: BSc. 2018 (Hons.)

ECs: Research (over 2 years of full time research experience, 2nd author of short publication, various posters), generic pre-med activities (hospital stuff), some personal hobbies (dancing). Overall feeling pretty middle of the pack considering everything I've read on these forums.

Interview: First interview ever this year at UBC (and Queens). I must've done well despite feeling utterly meh, because my AQ and NAQ otherwise wouldn't have been sufficient (if reading these forums has given me any indication how talented the rest of y'all are)...

After 6 years of applying to UBC Medicine... going through all the possibilities (regrets before interview, to regrets after interview, to regrets after waitlist, to being ineligible for 2 whole years), I seriously cannot believe I'm writing this... It had always seemed like it's something too good to be true, yet here I am.  There are many people I would like to thank (and letting them know will take a solid week) from the bottom of my heart for the support, encouragement, and love they have provided me within this long and incredible journey I have been through.  I write this with shock, excitement, and full of heart.

TIME STAMP:  11:56 AM PST (May 10, 2019)
Result:  ACCEPTED VFMP (1st choice) !!  :D
Early or Regular Deadline:  Regular Deadline
GPA or AGPA (if applicable):  ~84%
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB):  514 – (130 / 125 / 130 / 129)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):  BSc in 2014
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP

Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.):

I had written this description already in a separate post I made, but will be copying it here as well:  Founded and lead a non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for variety of causes via annual musical concerts, with the last 2 events focused on contributing to schizophrenia (5 years and counting); founded and led another charity aiding developing nations via Save the Children fund (6 years); extensive leadership and volunteering with UBC Department of Physics and Astronomy (8.5 years and counting); long-term ER volunteer and volunteer trainer and program coordinator (8.5 years and counting); long-term St. John Ambulance volunteer and Divisional Administration Officer (2000+ hours over 5 years, and counting); independently provide guidance and support to immigrants and families as they adjust to life in Vancouver/Canada (9+ years and counting); lots and lots of capacity to work with others including skin cancer research/holding workshops for high school students across Metro Vancouver, volunteering with med students and residents via UBC Department of Emergency Medicine, working closely with refugees and youth with physical and/or intellectual disabilities, and more (combined 3300+ hours); and lots and lots of diversity including clinical research as a volunteer, shadowing pediatric surgeons, toxicology research as a volunteer, epigenomics research at Michael Smith Labs, loads of piano and competitions, oil painting, and more.  I also work 3 jobs right now, 1 full-time and 2 part-time jobs; full-time is being a research assistant at UBCH working on a project focused on treatment-refractory schizophrenia (over 2 years); part-time jobs include tutoring students in grade 4-12 in math and academic reading with a company, and also tutoring for the MCAT with a company.  1 Publication (1st author) on the application (had a poster publication/presentation on June 7th which couldn't be included unfortunately, and a few are expected to come soon).  Lots of awards (mainly from high school) and one high performance activity for winning multiple awards with St. John Ambulance.  The intention of this post is to try and help people down the line, so that's why I'm including lots of details.

Interview:

I finished my interview initially feeling good about my answers.  I had a terrific interview experience!  I felt each interviewer was well engaged in my responses and discussions; they all smiled and nodded as I was answering questions and follow-ups.  But then the 3-month period started and man oh man oh man was I second-guessing myself... I kept doubting my answers and my confidence started to drop a little bit each week that had passed.  I knew at minimum I did 5/10 stations that I would categorize as "good" and at absolute most 8/10 stations.  But overall, especially leading to D-Day, I was completely unsure how I did, but I don't know if I was being too self-critical or not.  At the end of the day, I still overthought everything haha.  Turned out to be okay I guess!

I would like to sincerely congratulate everyone who received an offer this year and sincerely congratulate in advance those who will be receiving offers from the waitlist!  It's an overwhelmingly amazing feeling that I get a chance to be in class with you folks – I cannot wait to meet each and every one of you as we finally set to make our dreams become a reality :).

For those who didn't receive the news they were hoping for, I can definitely understand how you feel, believe me... Disappointing news can be demoralizing, but let me tell you that you were selected to interview for a reason; you all have incredible potential so please keep your chin held up high and do not allow, even for a single moment, a decision to define who you are.  As my case can further add to the supporting evidence, persistence is absolutely key.

Result: Accepted IMP (1st choice)

Timestamp: 11:39 am PST
AGPA: 91%
MCAT: 518 (128 CARS - can't remember other sections)
Year: BSc 2017

ECs: Competitive sports and some coaching, 5+ years of youth mentorship, music volunteer activities (soup kitchen, church, etc.), research assistant for a couple of labs, a couple poster presentations, job in medical clinic for 2+ years, volunteer/job at kinesiology clinic for 1+ years, several other non-medical related volunteer activities.

Interview: Third time interviewing at UBC so felt familiar and confident going into this one. However, break station was at very end so definitely hit a wall (metaphorically thank goodness) with 2-3 stations left. Spent a lot of time learning about myself as a person to prepare for interview and also cleaned up interview and presentation skills. Below average interviews the past two years.

A year ago I was receiving a rejection letter after going through the worst time of my life due to unexpected family trauma. Felt like the world owed me one to let me into med school only for that door to slam shut in my face for the second year in a row. This year, I received an offer in my preferred location with my wife cooking up our first child due in September. For those that didn't receive good news today, I'm truly sorry and you deserve to be angry, upset and exhausted by this process. However, know that these 'rejection' years can be some of the most amazing and important years of your life. At the end of the day, medicine is a job, not your entire life. So enjoy your time before med school while you can! I'm sure most of you will be breaking down that wall next year.

TIME STAMP: 11:56
Result: Accepted. IMP (first choice!)
GPA or AGPA (if applicable):  8.95 /9.0 GPA
MCAT : 510. CARS 130
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): Bachelor of Business, accounting major. Just finished last week. 

Geography (IP/OOP):  IP

Extracurricular Activities : Lots. I'm a not trad, mature student with a family and a variety of activities and interests.  Everything from archery to Toastmasters, choir to volunteer board director of a gallery. 

Interview. I think I was strong in 8/9 of the 10.

Congratulations to everyone! 

Result:    Rejected 

Geography: In province

Timestamp: 10:35 am PST
AGPA: ~91% 

AQ score 32.1 

NAQ score: 28.5   EC's - had a variety of strong service, leadership, research, and employment positions, lots of unique experiences, Many of the experiences were long-term commitments. 

TFR: 60.6 (above average for interview candidates)
MCAT: 503
Interview: Above Average Interview

Year: BSc. 2018

I am pretty disappointed with the rejection. I really thought I would have got waitlisted at the minimum as I believed my good interview and above average TFR would outshine the low mcat score. Not to mention I was exceptional in all my science courses in a rigorous science degree with a heavy course-load that definitely demonstrated my proficiency in the sciences. With the process supposed to be holistic, I thought that this would also outweigh the low mcat score but I guess it is back to the drawing board. 

I'm thinking it would be worthwhile to retake the mcat.

I would really appreciate any advice or comments that you guys may have!