Premed 101 Forums

Pathology/Radiology and PhD

Guest 4EverRose

Meh, there are some average people, trust me... Like me :) Except those that are really hardcore into some difficult programs, then, for some reason they all seem to have the perfect CV.

Reason i said second round was because IMG weren't allowed in first round last yr.

And yes, this year it's Sherbrooke and McGill. It's going to definitely be hard. I can't even imagine how the neurosurgeons wannabes feel. Must be a stressful time.

CY

• 3 months later...
That guy with the 50+ pubs sounds scary. Will make sure we don't have our heart set on Toronto :) so that we don't get too disappointed ! Plus the way it's going, Ontario likes Ontarians, and Quebec likes quebecois - so we're probably going to end up staying in La Belle Province - at least, that's if we match anywhere at all :eek:

CY

Hey again,

Actually, I know of some folks already who are outside of Ontario and Quebec who have received Rads interviews within each province and who have been medically educated nowhere near either. That's a good sign for anyone who might be interested in the Ontario or Quebec programs who might not be from either. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

You mean interview invites are out for Ontario schools ?

Hi again,

At least one of the Ontario schools has sent interview invitations thus far--McMaster. Queen's, Toronto and UWO will be sending their invitations this week or next. No cheeps from Ottawa. McGill sent some of their interview invitations on the Tuesday after the applications became visible to the programs. In terms of the west, UofC sent their invitations last week and UofA and UofS the week before.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Thanks Kirsteen. It's good to know. You know what really gets to me ? We spend huge amounts of money to apply, huge amounts of time, and they don't even bother writing us an email telling me we weren't shortlisted. I mean, at least have the decency of telling us that sorry, we regret email ;)

Ah the bitterness at this time of year. Wonder how this next week is gonna go :)

And as QC Residents, the interviews were actually on the 18th and 19th of december so that was a while ago. Knew about UofC and UofA, but didn't realize about Mac. Oh well :D

CY

Thanks Kirsteen. It's good to know. You know what really gets to me ? We spend huge amounts of money to apply, huge amounts of time, and they don't even bother writing us an email telling me we weren't shortlisted. I mean, at least have the decency of telling us that sorry, we regret email ;)

Ah the bitterness at this time of year. Wonder how this next week is gonna go :)

And as QC Residents, the interviews were actually on the 18th and 19th of december so that was a while ago. Knew about UofC and UofA, but didn't realize about Mac. Oh well :D

CY

Hi there CY,

That's not so great that you guys didn't receive word either way. You're right, it would be ideal if all the e-mails could be sent simultaneously, but I suppose, if there is a limited amount of time within which to send all the notifications out, then the priority will be to send out invitations so that the interview times can be scheduled, etc.

On the upside, it sounds as though you guys did interview at McGill so that's good. :)

Presumably, most of the other programs might try to release their invitations this week. UBC sent theirs out today. Hopefully one found its way into your inbox.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived